Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #521 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
This is my new Betta Sunshine. What color type is she? Mustard Gas? And what type is her tail? She kind of looks like a Rose tail?
No she looks like a regular yellow, possibly a Pastel. And she's a HM, for a rose tail their tail needs to be overlapping itself to create a rose look which she does not have. She's just a regular HM with a pretty tail pattern.

EDIT: Oh also for MG, they need to have a blue body, orange fins with blue outlining that, like you see in my avatar.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #522 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Can anyone help me figure out what this guy would be considered?
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  92.4 KB
I'm thinking blue grizzle/yellow bicolor "dragonfly" (basically like a butterfly but with a less wide band). And before someone suggests mustard gas... He is definatly not.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #523 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Can anyone help me figure out what this guy would be considered?
Attachment 131873
I'm thinking blue grizzle/yellow bicolor "dragonfly" (basically like a butterfly but with a less wide band). And before someone suggests mustard gas... He is definatly not.
Possibly a variation of the Pineapple effect and yeah no, not a MG lol silly people, but I have been seeing more and more Betta's listed as MG when they have a turquoise body and either a white/yellow tail or a yellow tail with barely any hint of a blue band around it, that's not a MG >< it's just bi-colored then.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #524 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

THIS is the true mustard gas-
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  10.9 KB
...But now people see any betta with a blue, green, or turquoise body and yellow or orange fins and call it a mustard gas. Kinda frustrating, really. A variation of the pineappleing effect would make sense. He is pretty unique IMO.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #525 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
THIS is the true mustard gas-
Attachment 132057
...But now people see any betta with a blue, green, or turquoise body and yellow or orange fins and call it a mustard gas. Kinda frustrating, really. A variation of the pineappleing effect would make sense. He is pretty unique IMO.
I completely agree! Even with my boy, I'm pretty sure he's just a green, it's only in some lights though that he turns "green" (although it's not actually green, I hate calling it green! gahhhh, sorry Art major side coming out ><) which isn't a true MG either, just a variation but at least he's got more relation to the guy you posted than MOST of the fish that say "Mustard Gas" on AB now, get's my hopes up every darn time :/

and yes your guy is unique! Did you come up with the Dragonfly term or was that taken? I've never heard it before but it would kind of make sense with the thinner band and all :)
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #526 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

BasementBettas made up the term... It sucks because in shows, fish like that probably wouldn't do well because they would be classed as butterfly's but the ideal butterfly has a 50/50 color split... "Dragonflies" are obviously far from that. I still like them more then true butterflies lol!

I'm going to continue this boys line with a similar colored HMPKEE girl from tmtbetta. Should help me correct his form.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #527 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
BasementBettas made up the term... It sucks because in shows, fish like that probably wouldn't do well because they would be classed as butterfly's but the ideal butterfly has a 50/50 color split... "Dragonflies" are obviously far from that. I still like them more then true butterflies lol!

I'm going to continue this boys line with a similar colored HMPKEE girl from tmtbetta. Should help me correct his form.
Very interesting, yeah I like the dragonfly color form better as well. They just look so nice :)

That's awesome! Can't wait to see the spawn
Old 05-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #528 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Looks like a Feather Tail to me! He's beautiful, not sure if he'd be considered piebald since more of them it extends up the face where his does not. But I have a sneaking suspicion that he would still be considered one :)
I finally got a flare! Ming is not a HM, I don't think he's even a super delta, but here his is in a flare.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #529 
SomethingZ Fishy

This is awesome.Thanks!
Old 05-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #530 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
I finally got a flare! Ming is not a HM, I don't think he's even a super delta, but here his is in a flare.
He looks like a Super DeT to me! I think it was anything above 160 is a super? Maybe I'm just making that up lol, it seems sort of right I guess. But Ming looks like he's even almost to the 180 mark, I know he's not, but almost there is good enough for a Super DeT.
Closed Thread

Tags
alex wuz here : >3