Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #21 
justmel

Yep, that's what I have for all my bettas. Frozen beef heart too. This weekend I'm going to try and pick up some frozen shrimp if he still hasn't eaten.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #22 
Hadoken Kitty

Could always try frozen blood worms. I've only had two fish decline it. One fish I call frankenstein since he was on his last limb when I rescued him...and he sort of just lays there. Nothing is wrong with him. He doesn't even get excited about food, but I know he eats since I've seen him pick a pellet off the ground when I let it stay.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #23 
justmel

Fuji, the orange male is still not eating. I got some live brine shrimp a few days ago an skyewillows suggestion and he did snap them up, so he has ate. But since then he's refused food again. Wants nothing to do with the pellets or anything else I have tried to give him.

Zababa, the purplish boy is doing great. I think he's always going to be a fighter. He's so cute to watch at feeding time. He'll flare at a pellet before eating it. Every single one. Flare...chop...flare...chop...flare...chop! His fins are visibly growing back and hes very attentive.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ahaha Zababa sounds adorable!!

Did you try soaking the pellets in garlic juice for Fuji?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #25 
justmel

I did. Went and bought 2 cloves of garlic & ran both through the juicer. Still no interest. I just keep trying. Changing things up every now & then. Pellets at least once a day, sometimes soaked & sometime regular. Try the frozen beef heart & mysis shrimp every now and then in addition. Next week I will likely be getting some fresh brine shrimp for the pairs I am conditioning and I will make sure he gets to fill up on those too. Don't know what else to do but keep trying.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #26 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah alrighty then, well I guess just keep trying then. When he's hungry enough he'll eat whatever, he's probably still not feeling great is all :) But I am glad he did eat the Brine shrimp, that's good.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #27 
justmel

Fuji ate! I thought he was on the way to recovering his appetite this morning when I caught him flaring at the pellets. Tonight when they were dropped in he ate! Guess he finally feels safe and secure (or he got hungry enough). So glad he ate and I can stop worrying so much about him.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #28 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yay!!! Congratulations!! That's wonderful :D