Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

When I got my first betta I asked how often to change the water and I was told whenever it starts to look cloudy!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #12 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
When I got my first betta I asked how often to change the water and I was told whenever it starts to look cloudy!
That's scary!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 AM   #13 
rb500

yea, i have come to distrust petstore selling-guys too. when i was little i went through like six goldfish, not because i didn't take care of them, but because the store didn't take care of them. Because most died within a week (one lived for over a year though). they were just feeder fish too, you know the ones that live in a tank litterally filled to the brim with as much fish as they can fit and don't feed them enough or clean the water. they were 'only raised to be fed to other fish', so i guess that means its ok if they die? don't they realize they are loosing money? anyway, if you worked there, and you saw a little girl coming in and looking at fish, wouldn't you assume that its gonna be a pet? they should've referred us to the ones that were gonna live longer, and he was also telling us we didn't need a filter or anything like that, just clean it 'when it looks like it needs it'. anyway, lol, sorry i exploded all over this post, lol, but that is wrong, they should know what they're doing.
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, clean it when it looks like it needs it seems to be what they tell everyone. I kept a betta for a neighbor once (he ended up being given to me) who fed hers 1 pellet a day and she told me "give him one more if he looks hungry. " Another time I was in Petsmart and saw a girl looking at the bettas and we started talking. She told me she had a betta and I asked her how much and how often she fed her betta. She said "oh, I throw 5-6 pellets in there once a week. " I was like, WHAT!!! Then I asked how often she changed the water. She said once every 6 months!!! I should have asked her what size tank she had but I didn't.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #15 
misstephaniexxx

I love how on top of the betta-bowls you buy them in it says to feed your betta two to three times a week
misstephaniexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

That is so stupid! 2-3 times a week! Thats ridiculous! How would THEY like to be fed 2-3 times a week?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #17 
betamummy86

Is there any way to do like a mass email, giving the details about betta care to the pet stores, as in the individual store itself, not the head offices? I think instead of complaining (which I've well and truly done my fair share of) that we should all band together and try to work out something proactive to do about it! I'm honestly over sitting on my butt being fed false information, maybe there's a better way?? Then again, maybe I'm reaching too high?? Lol I have a habit of doing that sometimes!
betamummy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #18 
BearFish96

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamummy86 View Post
Is there any way to do like a mass email, giving the details about betta care to the pet stores, as in the individual store itself, not the head offices? I think instead of complaining (which I've well and truly done my fair share of) that we should all band together and try to work out something proactive to do about it! I'm honestly over sitting on my butt being fed false information, maybe there's a better way?? Then again, maybe I'm reaching too high?? Lol I have a habit of doing that sometimes!
You mean violent protesting?
BearFish96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 AM   #19 
Jazattackk

Woah. Some people are such idiots. They shouldn't even be working at a petstore if they know nothing about the animals.
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:56 AM   #20 
Seanyb9985

I understand where you guys are coming from and when I do take advice from Pet store people I always double check it, but in their defense these people are only getting paid minimum wage and are expected to know everything there is to know about animals. Now what they should do is have some type of computer inside the store that customers could access and put together some type of pet question “Google” if you will. That would be nice
Seanyb9985 is offline   Reply With Quote