Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #1 
The Amazonian Trio

New boy in the House, Girls go nuts!

I had lost one of my females about a month ago and I decided to get a male fish for a change, he's a beautiful male crowntail and once he got used to his new home he blew a bubble nest.
My females must have ESP because as soon as he was done they ALL began exhibting odd behavior.
Normally tempermental and easily stressed Trung has turned dark brown in the body with more white vertical bands then a tiger. Bodicea has been trying to catch a glimpse of her new male neighbor, and i'm happy that her lid is on there or she might try to visit him. And finally Venus has been laying eggs in her fliter system and been eating them as they pass by. I'm half tempted to breed them, but I don't think I'd have room for all the fry....
The Amazonian Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow! Trung is showing breeding stripes. Yeah, you could breed her if you wanted to. lol He must really be something to get the girls all excited. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #3 
The Amazonian Trio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Wow! Trung is showing breeding stripes. Yeah, you could breed her if you wanted to. lol He must really be something to get the girls all excited. lol
I wish I could breed Trung, but this morning she started acting like she's not feeling well, so I'm letting her rest. Bodicea is also exhibiting stripes too, but she's been showing her stripes for a while. I wonder about Venus because while she's laying eggs, she has no stripes.
The Amazonian Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #4 
BearFish96

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazonian Trio View Post
I wish I could breed Trung, but this morning she started acting like she's not feeling well, so I'm letting her rest. Bodicea is also exhibiting stripes too, but she's been showing her stripes for a while. I wonder about Venus because while she's laying eggs, she has no stripes.

No stripes? That's wierd.
BearFish96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think they necessarily have to be showing breeding stripes to release their eggs.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I don't think they necessarily have to be showing breeding stripes to release their eggs.
One fan of my website had his female not showing the stripes and she released eggs the next day.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:58 AM   #7 
BearFish96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
One fan of my website had his female not showing the stripes and she released eggs the next day.

Oh okay nvm.
BearFish96 is offline   Reply With Quote