Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #21 
Angelmonster

If you can afford it buy a timer plug to have it pop on around 2 and leave it on until you go to bed, like around 12(10 hours of light). If the fish is not near the window then the light from a window should be fine, unless you have a huge window lol. Buy tha talgae fix for the algae, I have used it and it gets rid of it without harming the fish AND liv eplants! Works wonders!
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #22 
dr2b

I dug up our light timer this morning. So I am going to do that this evening. So 2 to 12 - that should work. Thanks!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #23 
Angelmonster

No problem I was getting upset too at first about the temp problem when I bought mine a few weeks ago but I uplug my heater and leave it on at night and it works wonders

Just be warned when you do a water change fill the tank to the top or the filter will not suck up water. It is an odd filter, love the bio wheel though. This baby cycled in two weeks! I was surprised XD
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #24 
dr2b

So that lightbulb definitely helped. The tank is staying at a constant 78-80 degrees F now. Thanks for that suggestion to change to CFL neejar!!
Old 07-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #25 
LiyahsGrandma

I agree with Drama. Or your wattage may be too high. Turn your heater off and see what happens.
LiyahsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #26 
dr2b

I actually took the heater out because I didn't even have it running when the tank was over heating. I had it turned down so low that it never cut on (it has this light that turns on when it is heating). Basically after I changed the bulb to what neejar said, it stopped overheating. I would have thought it was the heater if I had it so it was running.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 AM   #27 
BearFish96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
I actually took the heater out because I didn't even have it running when the tank was over heating. I had it turned down so low that it never cut on (it has this light that turns on when it is heating). Basically after I changed the bulb to what neejar said, it stopped overheating. I would have thought it was the heater if I had it so it was running.

If the algae is getting worse, I suggest getting some algae cleaners like snails. (Snails are slow, but they do a better job.) If it keeps getting worse I suggest an algae remover product, you can find them in any pet store.
BearFish96 is offline   Reply With Quote