Betta Fish Forum banner

New boy in the House, Girls go nuts!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BearFish96 
#1 ·
I had lost one of my females about a month ago and I decided to get a male fish for a change, he's a beautiful male crowntail and once he got used to his new home he blew a bubble nest.
My females must have ESP because as soon as he was done they ALL began exhibting odd behavior.
Normally tempermental and easily stressed Trung has turned dark brown in the body with more white vertical bands then a tiger. Bodicea has been trying to catch a glimpse of her new male neighbor, and i'm happy that her lid is on there or she might try to visit him. And finally Venus has been laying eggs in her fliter system and been eating them as they pass by. I'm half tempted to breed them, but I don't think I'd have room for all the fry....

#3 ·
I wish I could breed Trung, but this morning she started acting like she's not feeling well, so I'm letting her rest. Bodicea is also exhibiting stripes too, but she's been showing her stripes for a while. I wonder about Venus because while she's laying eggs, she has no stripes.

#6 ·
One fan of my website had his female not showing the stripes and she released eggs the next day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.