Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #1 
tolkiennerd

moving my betta to a five gallon

I am moving my betta to a five gallon from his Fluval Spec 2 gallon (the filter is too strong for him and when I try to slow it down it doesn't keep the water clean enough) and need to know what kind of filter should I get.
tolkiennerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #2 
peachii

Depending on what type of filter is is, I took a white sponge meant for filter media, cut it thin and put in over the outflow of water with a rubber band in my 5 gallon. I just did it today but it slows the water down perfectly and doesn't hurt with cleaning the water. If anything in the last 10 hours, my water is now super clear in the tank.

if you buy a sponge just ensure it does not have any type of antibacterial things in it as it will kill your cycle. Aquarium sponges from a pet store are probably the safest way to go.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #3 
VJM

I have an Azoo Palm on a couple of similarly sized tanks, and it is great. I did put a sponge over the intake.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote