Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #1 
AngelicScars

Question Does she like it...

or not? Here I am being a worrier. I 50% out Gabriel's tank yesterday and took out the sponge I put in the filter uptake to get the filter flowing faster before I acclimated her back to the tank.
I was thinking about leaving the sponge out to see how she did without it. After all, she has a whole 10 gallons so the filter's current shouldn't be too strong. Oh, and I have this over it as well: http://www.petfish.net/articles/Do-I...urrentkill.php

So, I put her in and all seemed to go well. I saw her go to the current and get pushed down and she'd swim against the current. Then, she'd swim out of it and swim right back into it again. She seemed to "play" in it. She didn't seem stressed or scared. She wasn't darting and I figured if she didn't like it she wouldn't keep swimming in it.

Does it sound like she is having trouble with it or does she just like the current to play in? I have no problems putting the sponge back in. The only thing it's doing keeping it out is keeping the tank a lot more crystal clear (which is nice since I have 3 Otos in there that are mass waste producers!).
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #2 
Vikki81207

Sounds okay to me. When I put the aeration in Aqua's side of the tank, she plays in the small current and with the bubbles. She'll swim against it, then go out and back to it.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #3 
neenjar

Pretty much exactly what Zeus and Ares do. Ares form time to time, Zeus pretty much lives in the current unless he is trying to eat the otto's algae pellet or steal the crumbs form the shrimp.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenjar View Post
Pretty much exactly what Zeus and Ares do. Ares form time to time, Zeus pretty much lives in the current unless he is trying to eat the otto's algae pellet or steal the crumbs form the shrimp.
Haha, I bet that's entertaining to watch.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #5 
dr2b

From time to time Flair goes into his current and plays in it... it is certainly entertaining to watch them do that.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote