Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #11 
neenjar

Jungle makes good stuff!
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #12 
Yuuki

Still having trouble with him. He's bloated and constipated again even without the Copper based medicine, plus the Velvet is spreading further.

I think I'll be changing his water and trying the Coppersafe again; I only tried for a week. At the least, it seemed to stop the Velvet from spreading and should do until I find something that will work.

But I'm a bit worried about his constant bloating. I've hardly been feeding him; literally like 2 pellets per day, in an attempt to stop it from happening. Still, his belly gets bloated and he starts floating on his side. His poo is also white and stringy at the moment. Really not sure what to do...
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #13 
Yuuki

I know pictures usually help, so....

The first picture attached shows the gold spot on his gill while I'm shining a light on him. Without a flashlight, it just appears as a pale area. The water is odd colored because of the Malachite Green...

Second picture is without the flashlight. You can see the his face almost looks like it's covered in scabs. You can see where the Velvet has spread just behind his gill in this one too.

1: http://i25.tinypic.com/a4m0js.jpg
2: http://i30.tinypic.com/2vrzz2t.jpg

Picture attachments won't work for me for some reason. <.<
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #14 
Yuuki

On a good note, Sushi has actually been swimming around over the past 2 days! Seems like he had some sort of obstruction, but half of a pea solved that problem within about 10 hours. ^-^

Still dealing with the Velvet... or whatever this might be. Oddly, the gold part hasn't spread anymore, but he's losing his color all over now...
Old 07-26-2009, 01:52 AM   #15 
rb500

I can't help, but good luck!
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:13 AM   #16 
Scienceluvr8

Don't be apprehensive to use the Aquarisol. I just purchased that on Thursday to treat my halfmoon with velvet, and I'm already seeing a big difference. His fins are unclamped, and finally showing their true beauty and the gold is almost all gone. You should go for it!
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #17 
Yuuki

Still trying with the Quick Cure right now. But... I think I will order some Aquarisol and try it out.

I'm a little worried about him losing his color right now. He was a bright red and had lots of green on his body. Now he's become a dull red and the green isn't so noticeable.

Still an improvement from what he was last week; unable to swim and almost completely unresponsive.