Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #21 
RussellTheShihTzu

CPOs are orange dwarf crayfish. They "scurry" when the move; and they move a lot.

Cambarellus patzcuarensis sp orange “cpo/dwarf orange crayfish” | Invertebrates by Msjinkzd
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #22 
Kiara1125

OH! My boyfriend wanted those and I saw them once at my lfs. They're adorable!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #23 
Stone

I had a giant betta in my 46 gal community tank, with 2 kinds of rainbows,albino corys, mollys, mickey mouse platys,guppys and my hillstream loach, out of all of those fish I had to take the guppys back they were pests and would constantly nip, swarm and harass all the other fish, I had never owned guppys before and after that particular group of guppys I will never own any again, the manager at petsmart was like the guppys were aggressive? guppys? We were like yep they seemed to pick out a fish or 2 and swarm all over them. The pity was we had spent a good amount of time picking out really pretty ones

Last edited by Stone; 05-30-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #24 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
Goodness. It's over. Please, the OP has already stated her wishes and given her anwers.

Most of our bettas are in tanks by themselves, aside from snails and the occasional shrimp, which aren't really fish. One of our ten gallons also has some odd minnows, cories, and a guppy. We had more of each type, but they died, so there is a revamp/overhaul planned for that tank in the near future. I do want to do a large, heavily planted Southeast Asian biotope in the future too. I need to research what species will work though.
I would honestly like to do one with all native plants and even have it blackwater, but I am also rolling around the idea of trying to get and keep some licorice gouramis, I just saw these fish In a mag and I was like ohhhh pretty, but I will have to study up be it they are not beginner fish. here is a link for those who have not seen them...http://dev-parosphromenus2.cloudacce...phromenus.html

the real shame in this is they are not going to be around in the wild much longer so it will be basically up to mankind to keep them going be it all their natural habitat is slowly getting destroyed or polluted. Maybe one day the ones us hobbists keep in our tanks or their decendant will repopulate the wild.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #25 
keepsmiling

I was trying to encourage Kiara to read up on Goldfish, as I do keep them and my fancy goldfish are huge, in a 90 gallon tank. She has now said she plans to move them,that is great. People are going to do what they want to regardless. I just try to help, and I am sorry if my post offended you in any way. I meant absolutely no harm, by my post.
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #26 
Kiara1125

I've had goldfish for three years. Yes, I have read up on them. I understand everyone's concern for my goldfish, I just don't understand why it seemed that I was attacked by someone who shall not be named. I just wish for the arguing to stop. I never wished for a thread like this. By the way, I do love your tank. I'm glad that it's planted and it looks very nice. :)

Anyways, has anyone tried to make a species biotype? Such as what Feng had mentioned or even an Amazonian River biotype for tetras.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #27 
Stone

I have not tried to do a specific biotope for any fish as of yet, I might attempt one for the licorice gouramis, but I always do try to Do thing at minimum generically mimic what kinds of conditions a fish is native too, after my giant died in my 46 gal I made some adjustments to that tnak because most of the fish in it are river fish species that are used to current, so instead of adding just a wave maker for current I made what I term as a "powered sponge filter" is a power head that sucks its water through a sponge filter to add more current in the tank, all the fish seem to approve and play in the current, the one fish that is truely adapted for the current is the hillstream loach, he though only sometimes mocks the other fish in the high current as he sits sucked to the glass going haha I am not even trying, he mostly hangs out on the back glass of the tank where the current is not as strong and well all the fish only "play" or swim in it for short bits of time
Old 05-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #28 
Kiara1125

Yeah, my fish like to play in the filter's current. lol Licorice gouramis are so awesome looking! I wanted to do a biotype dedicated to neon tetras and stuff like that, but I realized that my current liquid assets would not allow me to purchase the items that are required for that biotype. Things like pH buffers and even driftwood.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #29 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Yeah, my fish like to play in the filter's current. lol Licorice gouramis are so awesome looking! I wanted to do a biotype dedicated to neon tetras and stuff like that, but I realized that my current liquid assets would not allow me to purchase the items that are required for that biotype. Things like pH buffers and even driftwood.
Tell me about it driftwood that is nice can get to be pricey, and yes one of my current bettas elvis a giant lives in a 10 gallon tank, myth is bettas hate strong currents shhhhhhh do not tell that to elvis his filter is unbaffled and at full flow he loves to play in it, we call it his little rollercoaster.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #30 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Lets stay on topic and refer back to page 1 of Kiara`s first post, she did not ask for advise and has made that clear in her other posts, yes I have read this entire thread. No more arguing or this thread will be be closed. If any members have a problem please pm a moderator. The rules on this forum are posted if you need to read them again I can post the link. Do not be rude is one of them.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote