Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #11 
Karissa

So today I came to the room to turn the light to the fish tank on and the little guy was out from under the filter and swam up for food! He still couldn't open his mouth enought to get a pellet in but I crushed a few up and turned off the filter so the food would stay still and I believe he got a little but into his mouth. He rests on the leaf hammock near the top of the tank when he is taking a breather between feeding attempts.
I think he is going to make it !! Thank you everyone for the advise
Today I visit the pet store to pick up a little tank thing that can keep him up at the top on the fish tank. Also will take a water sample with me. Anything else I should pick up while I'm at it?
Karissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #12 
NorthernLights

You might want to pick up some New Life Spectrum Betta food or Omega One Betta Buffet pellets. Both are much more nutritious that Hikari Bio-Gold. Hikari used to be a very good brand of betta food but they changed their formula a while back.

I would also suggest a bottle of Prime water conditioner. Especially if you've got weird stuff in your water (and your parameters suggest this), it will help to neutralize the toxins.

I am so glad he is doing better. Warmth and clean water can do wonders for ailing fish. He's lucky to have someone like you who cares about him.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #13 
Karissa

So I went to the pet store and didn't find the recommended food. I told them the issue with my water and that I wanted prime water conditioner.
They sold me the following
Microbe-lift Nite-out II
Microbe- lift Betta bowl care.
I haven't used the products,but would like to know if these will work for what I need.
Also bought the betta breeder tank floaty thing, he seems fine just a bit grumpy about it.
Also I think I'm doing it right and do believe the guy was just trying to sell me more stuff, but I'm posting a picture of my set up to see if I'm doing things right or I'm missing something.
It's a 10 gal tank, 3 bettas, a 10 gal sponge filter, an adjustable heater, thermometers for each fish, and working on the hiding places.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Attached Images

Karissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #14 
NorthernLights

I have never heard of any of that stuff, sorry.

Last edited by NorthernLights; 05-30-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: changed phrasing
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote