Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #1 
Krys

Feeding Betta fry.

I've chose to use Infusoria. I just need to know when and how much I should be feeding the fry. How often and how much each time should I put into the tank? And how long can the fry feed from Infusoria?

Obviously this will be my first time breeding. I would really appreciate well answers. Any tips would be appreciated. And yes, I have done research on breeding, I just can't seem to find the answer to my question. :/
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a book that says to feed infusoria the first week or two and you can feed live baby brine shrimp on the 3rd or 4th day they are free swimming. Welcome to FishForum. I really don't know how much to feed but you don't want to feed too much because it will pollute the water. The fry need to be fed 2-3 times a day.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-28-2009 at 01:24 PM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #3 
Krys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I have a book that says to feed infusoria the first week or two and you can feed live baby brine shrimp on the 3rd or 4th day they are free swimming. Welcome to FishForum. I really don't know how much to feed but you don't want to feed too much because it will pollute the water. The fry need to be fed 2-3 times a day.
Do I have to feed them brine shrimp, can I keep feeding them infusoria instead? Getting the baby brine shrimp shouldn't be a problem, I'm just wondering.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, yoou can feed them microworms or vinegar eels.Bettatalk.com has some good info on breeding and rearing fry.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #5 
Ilovemyshiny

im working on my first attempt too and im going with brine shrimp. ive heard form my studies thats what gives the best results.
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #6 
Krys

Microworms might be hard for me to get, and I have no idea where to get vinegar eels... :/ I don't have any credit cards so getting things Online is almost impossible for me.

Now I also have a large major river 10ft from the house, could i use some of that water for the fry? There's bound to be tons of micro organisms in it, right?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
Microworms might be hard for me to get, and I have no idea where to get vinegar eels... :/ I don't have any credit cards so getting things Online is almost impossible for me.

Now I also have a large major river 10ft from the house, could i use some of that water for the fry? There's bound to be tons of micro organisms in it, right?
That's good. What I do is I put some live aquarium plants in a jar and siphon some of the water out and into a bottle until it's half full. Then I fill the rest up with treated tap water. Then I add a lettuce leaf and one cory cat wafer. Within weeks I have food for the fry. This is usually mixed in with microworms and BBS.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Again, good advice, MrVampire!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #9 
Krys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
That's good. What I do is I put some live aquarium plants in a jar and siphon some of the water out and into a bottle until it's half full. Then I fill the rest up with treated tap water. Then I add a lettuce leaf and one cory cat wafer. Within weeks I have food for the fry. This is usually mixed in with microworms and BBS.
How much of this should i feed the fry, like how much should i put in the tank at one time?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Again, good advice, MrVampire!
Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
How much of this should i feed the fry, like how much should i put in the tank at one time?
This stuff goes a long way. Only a few drops are needed for a regualr spawn but if you have a lot of fry you can add about a pint of infusoria.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote