Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #41 
jloyer

His name is Pontus. And yes, I agree about bigger than the cups but he may be happier in something bigger. But for now this'll have to do and he seems quite happy as is
jloyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #42 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

aww that's a great name :D There's someone else on here who named their boy Pontus too!

Don't worry about the tank size, you make do with what you have :) He's definitely much happier to have a whole gallon to himself than in the cups as you've pointed out ^^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #43 
jloyer

Yeah but when it gets colder out I'll need him in something bigger so I can heat his water without frying him
jloyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #44 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You should be able to use the 7.5 heaters for him, granted they aren't able to be set temp wise but it should would help if you needed a heater. There's a 10 watt one as well at Petco/Petsmart that I saw, I actually use it in my 5.5 and keeps a nice steady 78. Granted it's not ideal, but it works for now while I try to find some more money
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #45 
percyfyshshelley

Welcome! Lovely little guy you've got there, and he looks happy!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #46 
wish4coner

He is gorgeous. I love the one where he really shows his colors.

I have a client ( I work with developmentally disabled) that, has a betta baby fish. SHe wanted it for her birthday so, I bought her the tank. It's that exact one. It's perfect for her and the fish has plenty of room. It's a female so, she is small anyway but, she certainly gets around in it. Plus, I am the one "prompting" the cleaning so, we do a cleaning every week and the water is always pristine.

You did a good job! I would suggest a moss ball of some plant, when you have the money. I get all of that stuff from ebay--including my heaters. I got adjustable heaters (up to 90 degrees) off of ebay for 5.00 each, and free shipping. Granted, it came from China but, it was a steal and, now have 4 heaters for the cost of one in the pet store. I also get my moss balls and now, my plants from ebay. You can get some really good prices there and, a lot have free shipping. If and when you have the money, I can tell you the good ones to buy from. I am very pleased.

You did a great job! I hope to see more pics in the future.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote