Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #11 
veilmist

Oh ok thanks! Finals took up my time so I couldn't keep up with anything... Seriously this guy got meals on a regular basis when I didn't. I've been keeping a close watch on him and he's doing great! (It's been a little over a week.)
veilmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I hear ya! Half of my tanks weren't getting their proper changes either during my finals >< ugg they were killer!

I'm so happy that you and your boy are much happier, it really is a joy to watch them swim all around, exploring everything!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #13 
veilmist

Yes it is! I'm so happy to see him like this, in his old "tank" (gosh I hate 1 gals now) mostly what he did was sit on the bottom. Poor guy but better that what he would have faced if someone else had taken him home from my prom. (I hope the others SIP...)
Old 05-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #14 
Lights106

Yay for tank upgrades!!! They are the best feeling ever!!!
I'm so beyond excited for mine tomorrow!! I found a 40 gallon tank and stand for $65! Yeah I'm taking it! I'm so happy! My giant vt, dt, and just rescued today vt will have a ginormous home!!
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #15 
wish4coner

I just got two 5 gallon set ups but, I am doing a planted tanks for wilds so, that is why. I use 3's and 5's, depending on whether I am spawning or not. All are heated, filtered with sponge filters and planted.

I have my fry in 10's right now and smaller spawn in 5. It was easier to keep an eye on them in the 5 and, I have a 10 ready to go, once they start getting bigger.

I love the way you did the tank. I've never seen those cylinders with the holes. Those are cool. And, I bet he is so happy in the new tank too! Good job!
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #16 
eemmais

Hi, awesome job on the upgrade! I didn't see a thermometer in your tank, I really suggest getting one so you can make sure the heater is working properly. A thermometer that floats/sticks to the tank with a suction cup will measure the temperature much more accurately than one that sticks on the glass outside the tank. I think you can get them at Petco for about $2-3.
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #17 
veilmist

eemmais- There is a thermometer hidden on the side lol.

Lights106- HOORAY! CONGRATS! I saw your earlier post and was totally jealous. Way to go!

wish4corner- The cylinder is from petco, believe it or not (this is kind of a Petco setup because the LFS in town always has dead goldfish, although it's named goldfish world, and my mom won't go there lol. The bettas are much better.) They come in three sizes, this is the medium.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #18 
veilmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Just saying, this post from OP makes me want to cry from happiness. <3
Thank you so much! I drove my roommate crazy talking about this tank all year long haha.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #19 
wish4coner

He's stunning :)
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #20 
veilmist

Thank you so much! Couldn't be happier that we saved him from a prom lol.

Just a follow up, the betta hammock is awesome. I love it, he loves it, my mom loves that he loves it (she bought it for him as a surprise). Now he doesn't have to swim all the way to the top of the tank to get air while he sleeps lol.