Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #11 
dr2b

I didn't mean to stereotype and put anyone in categories. I know that not all middle-aged or older folks aren't willing to learn or research. But from my experience....I've seen most don't want to be told how to do things and think they know what they are doing... and don't want to admit they are wrong. I really didn't mean to offend anyone with what I said (I hope I didn't). But I do know there are middle-aged or older folks who are willing to research or admit when they are wrong.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #12 
RoseyD

Dr2b, no offense was taken.

see... no idiots here. :)
RoseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #13 
dr2b

Okay good good. Didn't want to make any enemies. :)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #14 
RoseyD

Oh, please! life is too short for such trifles as that.

surely, young and old, as long as the hearts are all in the right place, we should all be friends.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I thought I was one of the older ones at 48! Well, we all learn from our mistakes, (hopefully), young and old. I had mine in half gallon vases at first, then put them in 1.5 and 2.5 gallon containers. Only 2 of mine are in gallon containers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #16 
RoseyD

I just turned 41. I hide my age by pulling out the greys ... I may eventually go bald, but at least I'll look young while doing it. (I should probably just buy hair dye and keep a few strands...)

I started all mine in several 2 gallons bowls - but together - yes - an attempt at community living that was rather frightening to watch.

I had some nipped fins, and bought a few more tanks to compensate. Now they all live together in a 20 gal high, and I'm happy that the tough part seems over.

(knock on wood)
Old 07-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #17 
beckydelanee

i'm actually in an apprentice for hairstyling right now, and half a year ahead of everyone. it's normally a one year course but i'm ahead of my game right now and i just need 650 out of 1000 hours until i can be licensed plus the 1500 in school.. grey hair is only from genetics and from the amout of blood being reached to the scalp.
i'm only 17 and i have grey hair, just like 20-30 strands.
that was totally random actually, lol

at the canadian petsmart, in mississauga ontario. the petsmart employee are pretty educated or maybe it's just i'm always there and alot of the older people, i'm saying like 30+, know what they need for their fish species. i've even asked them for advice one time which helped Mikoto's split one a few months back.
but most of the time, i ask my friend who works at petsmart. they seem to have everything i need and if they don't i can go to Big Al's for some more fish equipment and food.
beckydelanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #18 
beckydelanee

actually, i think it was genetics and the lack of blood. someone may correct me if i'm wrong
beckydelanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have grey hair but I'm leaving it alone...my hair is thin enough as it is, I'd definitely be bald if I pulled it out! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote