Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #1 
Xaltd1

Goodbye, Red and Shade

These girls have been looking sooo sick for so long, despite the repeated KanaPlex treatments. I felt it only fair to allow my nitrates to spike. The strong fish are fine, but the sick girls died quickly. I didn't want to euthanize them w/o a fight, so skipping a water change gave them a chance to "sink or swim".
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #2 
bethyMT

I'm sorry to hear this...they are definitely in a better place now. Sometimes it just seems like they can't get better.

BTW, Red has some company in the afterlife - her brother Sassy just passed away too. So they will be together, along with Red's sister-friends.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #3 
Xaltd1

I'm sorry about poor Red. She got to be very big! She was happy until about 2 weeks ago when her color faded dramatically. She was the only one of my girls (her and Tang) that showed no signs of fin rot. However, she developed some body fungus. Her behaviour was normal but she looked worse and worse, then I found her floating suddenly- so she suffered the least. She was a good fish: no bullying of the catfish like Mist & Shade. She was always first to come to eat, and food was about all she cared about, but she didn't eat the catfish pellets. I'll miss her!!!
I had pulled each & every sick girl & treated them w/ Epsom salts, Maracyn 2, Kanaplex, etc. All that seemed to do was buy them an extra day or two of being sick. So, as these last 4 fish started to go downhill, I just treated the whole tank & saw who survived & who didn't. I think once we see symptoms it is probably too late for 90% of fish.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote