Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #1 
mjc2014tb

The most active...

Hello!
I have been keeping bettas for about five years, and I have always ALWAYS found that when I buy the most active betta, it will be very active at home.

I know that most people say that Betta's are couch potato's and rather boring, but I am drawn to the most active in the container no matter what they look like. In fact, my first ever betta was a peach VT female who seemed to never stop moving. I have found that this has made for a more interesting friend and an easy way to tell if something just isn't quite right. What do you all think? Do you agree that active bettas are the best bettas?
mjc2014tb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

All bettas are active when cared for properly and provided with the right conditions, I guess bettas with excessively large finnage like some halfmoons and rosetails may be less active because their fins are so heavy that they physically have difficulties swimming.

If you like extra active perky bettas then females and plakats would be best for you, lots of spunk!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #3 
Polkadot

All my bettas are veiltail boys and they are very active & funny.When I first saw each of them at the petstore they were all very perky & curious and are even more so in their big roomy tanks.I guess when they are stuck in those little cups alot of bettas don't have much choice but to just veg out,but I think any betta given a good sized tank would soon be zooming around.But yeah,I like the extra frisky looking ones too.
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #4 
Crowntails

My DT boy is pretty active during the day but really chills out when it becomes night.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active, color, female, opinion, sick