Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #1 
javert

Recommended heater for 10g?

Hi. I bought my tank & equipment on a rush, since I didn't have a lot of time to rescue my betta. Anyway, I got one of this fully equipped tanks which, retrospectively, was a really bad idea. The heater that came included was a cheap one (Elite 50 Radiant). It did the job back during spring when my tank needed the extra heating, but now that summer is here I don't need it and I take it away since I have been reading negative reviews and even horror stories about it.

I'm planning to buy a new, good one. Which one do you recommend for 10 gallons? Price is not an issue.
javert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #2 
eemmais

I like the ViaAqua 50 Watt: http://www.amazon.com/ViaAqua-50-Wat...50+watt+heater, and the Elite 50 Watt: http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi...50+watt+heater. The ViaAqua is nice because it has a thermostat, but I like the Eite more because it is small and holds a steadier temperature.
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #3 
LizbethDawn

I've always used Aqueon's submersible heaters.
http://www.petco.com/product/102603/...pplies_Heaters
The 9 inch 50 watt is suggested for tanks 5-20 gallons. I've got a 5 and 10 that each have one and it does the job well. I find what you set it to on the dial is pretty accurate to what shows on my thermometer. They also have a lifetime warranty which is super nice.
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #4 
Krys

I think I have a Radiant 50 in my 20g with Cap. Seems to be doing just fine. -shrug-
However I do like the tetra heaters.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #5 
Juditko

I have a Hydor Theo and have liked it during the winter. Now I am noticing that there seems to be a "hold your mouth just right" type of trick to it to get it adjusted where it doesn't overheat the water. It's sitting on 82 and has continued to do so even though I've bumped it down a bit three different times and the gauge says about 75 now. In the late afternoons my tank is getting to 84 on some days, so I'm going to have to bump it again this weekend. It is highly recommended, and I didn't have much trouble with the same brand for a smaller tank I had, so maybe it's just a quirk with this one...
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote