Ah ok this is what you have wrong. You will need to take them out and recondition them, honestly... You could leave them in for a couple more days to see but I doubt they will ever spawn. To condition them-
1) Remove them from the spawn tank
2) Introduce them to their own tanks
3) Make sure they can not see each other (put object between the tanks or move them)
4) Start feeding them high quality frozen, pellet, and live foods (if you have access). Flakes and fd bloodworms are two things that I will not feed my fish... Nutritionally useless and not very good for the gi tract, to be blunt. To condition I feed my fish four new life spectrum pellets three times a day and a feeding of frozen brine shrimp somewhere in between... And sometimes some squished out mealworm guts in place of pellets... Yes this is a lot of food but it is high quality. If you know your fish is susceptible to bloating don't feed as much. It's not like you have to do what I do either but it works for me.
5) Continue for two weeks. You may let them see each other for ten minutes a day.
4) Reintroduce into the spawning tank, release female as soon as she is ready, shouldn't be more then a day.