Personality:shy, energetic, comedic,contained
Noteworthy:saved from petco.
Hey, why not?
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #12 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
Do betta fish get along in this role play?
You control your betta, so you can make it get along with others if you like!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #13 
Saphira101

Woohoo! 5 entries! :D

I'll start:

~~~Olive~~~

As soon as they poured me from my cup into the rice paddy, I darted away and hid behind a clump of plants. My body quivered from the drastic temperature change. They hadn't even bothered to acclimate me. I sensed more water being dumped into the paddy, and I peered out from behind my hiding spot. It was that halfmoon with the crooked back. When I was in captivity, his tank was next to mine. The puny little thing spun around, then darted behind another clump of weeds. A third cup was dumped in, and a handsome lemon-yellow and white plakat plopped into the water. I expected him to hide behind a clump of weeds like I and the other betta had, but he just stared back up out of the water, at the people whom he had once called friends. Disgusting humans. How could these creatures who had loved us, cared for us, and bred us just abandon us so heartlessly? My caudal fin twitched in annoyance. After a little while longer, I decided to rest for a while and settled on the muddy bottom of the pond.

~~~Manny~~~
My head spun as I fell down the arching stream of water from my cup into the rice paddy. As soon as I hit the water, I dizzily twisted around before my instincts made me dart behind some plants. Once there, I allowed my feeble body to float to the bottom. I lay on my side, my gills moving heavily, trying to get used to this new water. I lay like this for a long time, before I sensed something wriggle beside me. I looked over to see a mosquito larva, and I snatched it up. It was delicious, and after eating it I felt a little better. I swam up off of my side, and righted myself, before feebly swimming over to the edge of the plant that I was hiding behind. I nibbled on some algae, then wondered what would happen to me. Would I survive, or would I simply die before I knew why I was even here?

~~~Oliver~~~
I stared out above the surface of the water, wondering what my caretaker was doing. My gills worked silently to comprehend this new water, and I watched as my caretaker walked away without glancing back. I swam in place for a few moments more, before out of the corner of my eye, spotting a pretty little purple female betta peeing out from behind a clump of weeds. The instinct that was drilled into me by countless spawns took over, and I selected a large clump of weeds to start building my nest onto. I occupied myself with this task, and tried to forget about what had just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who's next??
Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #14 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Well... if its ok I will go next...
~~~Basta~~~
Good Riddance, I thought as the humans walked away after they dumped me in... where was I? I had no clue where I was but if I was here I might as well eat. As I slowly chewed on some kind of smaller fish, savoring its fresh flavor, I caught a glimpse of some other bettas. I tried to make eye contact with them, give them that glare I gave all of my oppenents in the arena, but they swam away. Were they my new oppenents? If they were I had a feeling I could handle em'. They didn't look like they would last long, though maybe they were more than meets the eye. I felt a pang of pity for them. Wait, PITY? No, no no! This was the exact feeling I did not need! Pity, grief, trusting others- they all lead to death.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 05-31-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #15 
xShainax

Jensen

"Where am I?" The young DS CTPK asked as he was dumped into a rice paddy, afraid for his life. "Holy cow, there are other betta's here, they might kill me." Jensen swam under a leaf, only his head peaking out of the leaf which wasn't good camouflage since his head was bright blue and shiny
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #16 
Bombalurina

~ Firefly ~

The sudden rush of clean, warm water was invigorating, even if I did splash into it headfirst. The change made me gasp.

The first thing I was aware of was space, all around me, too much space! I barged headfirst down into deeper, darker water, trying to get away from the open. Finding a spot underneath a buildup of decaying leaves on the floor of the pool, I looked around for the first time.

The pool was dimly lit, with floating plants above me. The water was a soft golden brown, warmer than I was used to, and richer. But the thing that threatened to overwhelm me, more than the space and the warm and all the newness of the environment, was one fact that echoed through my mind - I was surrounded by other bettas.

I stiffened my fins, puffed out my gills, and prepared to attack.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #17 
Saphira101

~~~Olive~~~

It had been a few hours since I was roughly dumped into the rice paddy, and my body was now used to the temperature and water chemistry. I had been feasting on the mosquito larvae that happened to wander past me, and I was ready to explore. I swam out from behind my clump of weeds, and was immediately greeted by the big lemon-yellow and white plakat that I'd watched being dumped earlier. I looked to the right and saw an enormous bubble nest attached to a floating plant. Oh dear. I did not want to breed! I'd lost count of how many spawns I had taken part in, how many of my fry I'd to watch be culled. . . I darted off, and when he followed, I spun around and bit a huge chunk from his caudal fin. That should teach him. I swam off as fast as I could, and darted off into another clump of weeds.

~~~Oliver~~~

I'd just finished my bubble nest, when the little purple female swam out from her clump of weeds. I chased after her, flaring my gills and extending my fins. She darted off. I chased after her, and suddenly she whirled around and bit a huge chunk off of my caudal fin. Ouch! I turned around and swam the other direction. I retuned to my bubble nest, caudal fin aching. I decided that I would wait until another female came along, and tried to ignore the painful throbbing of my fin.

~~~Manny~~~
It'd been a while since I was dumped, and so I felt that I'd have a look around. I emerged from behind my little plant, and munched on a mosquito larva that came wriggling my way. I kept swimming for a time, taking in the scenery. Suddenly, I came face-to-face with a huge green copper dragon HMPK female. She was flaring to her full extent, and I weakly flared back. I really didn't want to fight! She suddenly lunged at me, and I darted off. She followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who's next?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #18 
xShainax

Jensen cautiously came out from under the leaf and puffed out his gills when he saw a big lemon yellow and white PK under a bubble nest. "W..who are you?" He retracted his gills and hid under some weeds and screamed as he became entangled in them, quickly running out of oxygen since it had been almost an hour since he last went up to the surface to breathe.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #19 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Jensen cautiously came out from under the leaf and puffed out his gills when he saw a big lemon yellow and white PK under a bubble nest. "W..who are you?" He retracted his gills and hid under some weeds and screamed as he became entangled in them, quickly running out of oxygen since it had been almost an hour since he last went up to the surface to breathe.
~~~Oliver~~~
I looked down at the pitiful little fish tangled in the weeds, and I felt something that I'd never had before: compassion. I swam down to the little fish, and chewed through the weeds in which he was entangled. The poor little thing darted up to the surface, and took a long gulp of air. Satisfied, I went back to mending my nest. My caudal fin was no longer aching, and I was feeling rather uplifted. I watched as the tiny fish darted back to his hiding spot, safe.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #20 
xShainax

Jensen peeked his head out from the weeds, happy that the larger betta saved him. "U..um...Thank you for saving my life." He called out to the betta, staying in his hiding place, afraid of the other being hostile to him

OOC: I have RPed a lot of things, never thought of RP-ing a betta xD