Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #11 
cheylillymama

No she isn't going to starve. Bettas can actually go for quite a while without food, but they shouldn't.
What brand pellets? They could be too big.
New life Spectrum and Omega One both make good quality small size pellets for bettas.
You could also try tempting her with live or frozen food such as blood worms (NOT freezedried ones, frozen is fine) , brine shrimp, mosquito larvae.
cheylillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #12 
LittleBettaFish

To answer your question Deanna01, I like live blackworms. All my bettas love them and it really helps get them into breeding condition.

To Crowntail betta lover, two days without food is not going to cause your betta to starve. However, it may be that your current brand of food is not palatable or that as the poster before me mentioned, may be too big for your betta to chew properly.

I recommend New Life Spectrum simply because I rarely have fish turn them down when offered. Plus they are one of the best quality pellets on the market and you can really see a difference when switching from a lesser quality brand onto them.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #13 
jaysee
Reference Team

Agreed on the starving and on the NLS. It takes months for a fish to starve to death, and NLS is just fantastic. No betta breeding experience so no comment there.

Sent from Petguide.com App
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #14 
Jorjor2

Mosquito larvae hands down. Don't have to buy them, they just come to you. Put out a bucket of water with some dirt and leaves and they'll be there within 2-3 weeks.
Jorjor2 is offline   Reply With Quote