Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #21 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Jensen peeked his head out from the weeds, happy that the larger betta saved him. "U..um...Thank you for saving my life." He called out to the betta, staying in his hiding place, afraid of the other being hostile to him
~~~Oliver~~~
"Erm... you're welcome." I said. This was the first time I'd spoken to another betta since I was but a fry, and I was felt rather awkward. I looked down at the tiny, defenseless betta, and knew that I could never hurt it, knew that it was my responsibility to protect it, and that it would never survive on its own.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #22 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
~~~Oliver~~~
"Erm... you're welcome." I said. This was the first time I'd spoken to another betta since I was but a fry, and I was felt rather awkward. I looked down at the tiny, defenseless betta, and knew that I could never hurt it, knew that it was my responsibility to protect it, and that it would never survive on its own.
Jensen swam to a tiny opening in the weeds and started to make his own bubble nest which he did to relieve stress. "Did you get dumped in this horrible place too? My mommy and daddy humans didn't like that I wouldn't breed and the females would beat up on me, so here I am." He paused and flared at a half submerged piece of aluminum seeing his reflection in it.
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #23 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post

~~~Manny~~~
It'd been a while since I was dumped, and so I felt that I'd have a look around. I emerged from behind my little plant, and munched on a mosquito larva that came wriggling my way. I kept swimming for a time, taking in the scenery. Suddenly, I came face-to-face with a huge green copper dragon HMPK female. She was flaring to her full extent, and I weakly flared back. I really didn't want to fight! She suddenly lunged at me, and I darted off. She followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Firefly ~
How DARE this tiny male intrude in my new territory? Wasn't it bad enough that they made me share back in the clear boxes? Was it really so much to ask to have my own little piece of water?

He changes direction swiftly, and I attack from above, but my jaws close on nothing and I shoot past, puzzled. I turn to see that tiny flash of blue retreating, and notice his peculiarly humped back and missing dorsal fin.

More out of curiosity than aggression now, I follow. I'm much faster than the little blue oddball, and quickly catch up again. In my peripheral vision I see other fish flitting past. I'll show them that this is my pond!...but not now. Now I want to get a proper look at this blue thing. Is it really even a fish?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #24 
jona31

~~~Celestial~~~
I had just been dumped so rudely into this large putrid looking rice paddy and all I could see were ugly mangled male bettas, I nip at a stupid guppy fry who just decided to approach me as he pleases how rude on his part, I decide to rip him to shreds, I let out a satisfied sigh and decide to find some females to flirt with while they bask in my ultimate glory "huh stupid females".

~~~Neptune the guppy~~~
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid female bettas always bullying me why dont they pick on someone there own size no one in this paddy understands me why am I the only flipping guppy in this pond. I decide to go and rest near an aquatic fern when suddenly a male betta comes out from behind that very fern I was going to rest by "oh god he's flaring at me" I want to call for help but I know if I do he'll tear me to bits what do I do.
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #25 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Basta~~~

I flared at a tiny little guppy, completely and utterly prepared to show him who was boss! " I eat pipsqueaks like you for breakfast," I snarled. But something... something stopped me. Maybe it was the terrified look in his eyes, or the way he huddled in a corner, ready to dart away. Whatever it was I couldn't do it. I nudged him. " Oh, calm down. I found a much better fern over there."
Gah. Basta, champions of champions, was now a softy. I see another betta flaring at the weird little guy. I look at him. He seems a wee bit too cocky, I think. Let's fix that.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #26 
percyfyshshelley

Can I join in?
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #27 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyfyshshelley View Post
Can I join in?
Absolutely! Anyone can join this roleplay at any time. :)
Old 06-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #28 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Jensen swam to a tiny opening in the weeds and started to make his own bubble nest which he did to relieve stress. "Did you get dumped in this horrible place too? My mommy and daddy humans didn't like that I wouldn't breed and the females would beat up on me, so here I am." He paused and flared at a half submerged piece of aluminum seeing his reflection in it.
~~~Oliver~~~
"Yeah," I said. "Those humans... I don't think they realize that they are hurting us. They only care about that green stuff that they call 'money'. I guess we weren't worth any of it anymore, and they just disposed of us."

~~~Manny~~~
The big female was still following me, but she didn't seem like she wanted to attack anymore. I was running out of oxygen, and I risked darting up to the surface to take a breath of air. The female didn't go after me, she just stared. I suppose she was looking at my crooked spine and my nonexistent dorsal fin, wondering why I was even alive. I had found myself wondering that too, more than once. I would be no use in breeding. My caretaker could have easily tossed my into the oscar tank, but he didn't. Why? I quickly swam downward and darted between two rocks, where the female could not follow me. I could do this because I was so small. I could see her at the entrance, flaring. How long would it be before I had to go up for air again? Would I even make it to the surface without being torn to shreds?

~~~Olive~~~
I peeked out from behind my clump of weeds again. The big plakat seemed preoccupied, talking to a fry. Wait, a fry? I would have thought that this fish, of all bettas, would tear such a small creature to shreds. But I suppose I was wrong. Suddenly, I came face-to-face with a big turquoise veiltail with red fin accents. He flared with all his might, and I flared back. I could take him, make him run for cover, just as I had done to the plakat. Or could I?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #29 
jona31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
~~~Basta~~~

I flared at a tiny little guppy, completely and utterly prepared to show him who was boss! " I eat pipsqueaks like you for breakfast," I snarled. But something... something stopped me. Maybe it was the terrified look in his eyes, or the way he huddled in a corner, ready to dart away. Whatever it was I couldn't do it. I nudged him. " Oh, calm down. I found a much better fern over there."
Gah. Basta, champions of champions, was now a softy. I see another betta flaring at the weird little guy. I look at him. He seems a wee bit too cocky, I think. Let's fix that.
~~~Neptune~~~
Oh thank you, thank you for not eating me what's your name well I'll tell you my name I'm neptune the cobra guppy there was once a lot of my kind here until all you big meanies decided to either eat them or run them away from the paddy I was one of last few left behind and now you guys torture me like im some kind of animal well I am an animal uggh you get what I mean thanks for not eating me friends? I'll be your personal tour guide as long as you keep me safe deal?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #30 
jona31

I'm replying to olive

~~~Olive~~~
I peeked out from behind my clump of weeds again. The big plakat seemed preoccupied, talking to a fry. Wait, a fry? I would have thought that this fish, of all bettas, would tear such a small creature to shreds. But I suppose I was wrong. Suddenly, I came face-to-face with a big turquoise veiltail with red fin accents. He flared with all his might, and I flared back. I could take him, make him run for cover, just as I had done to the plakat. Or could I?........

~~~Celestial~~~
Oh shut your fins you fool I know your already second guessing yourself on your power and weather or not you can take me, with our two cunning strengths lets wrangle up a team of brave fish and venture beyond this putrid place what do ya say team?