Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #31 
rb500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenninInk View Post
I'll have to wait a few weeks for Bianco's upgrade, when I have the money. Right now I'm paying very close attention to his tank, and he seems really happy. (They had him in a cup and a half of dingy blue water >.<). My 2 gallon is beautiful, it's a cylinder with a central under-gravel filter and an LED light system that lets me change the color of the light. He's got a plastic plant for the moment, but as soon as the tank settles in and develops some of that oh-so-helpful bacteria it needs, the plastic is GONE and I'm replacing it with one of the gorgeous live plants they have at PetsMart.

My PetsMart is incredible. We have a PetCo but it's kinda dirty and their selection is minimal, while PetsMart is full of high-end goodies and the staff are really passionate about the animals in the store, and the ones people bring from home. We've even got a grooming parlor and obedience school in the store! There's also a kennel room where they house cats from the local feline rescue for two weeks to help them get adopted, and there's almost always someone in the adoption room when I visit them. ^.^
sounds exactly like my petsmart, except for the whole part about the staff being passionate about the animals they work with part. mine dont give a darn wether they live or die... anyway, your tank sounds cool, is ir an aquaview 360? there's a 3 gallon version of the same one i've had my eyes on for a while lol
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #32 
rb500

and i got pheonix from petsmart, he was healthy, except for a little fin rot
Old 08-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #33 
PenninInk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb500 View Post
sounds exactly like my petsmart, except for the whole part about the staff being passionate about the animals they work with part. mine dont give a darn wether they live or die... anyway, your tank sounds cool, is ir an aquaview 360? there's a 3 gallon version of the same one i've had my eyes on for a while lol
That's exactly it! I love being able to change the color. I like it on white light for the day, and yellow light for nighttime. I think red is kinda harsh.

We got it because Bianco's translucent skin would change color with the lights, and it's really something to see!

The employees at my PetsMart are really sweet. They never pass up a chance to play with the dogs people bring in, and they take good care of the animals they sell. Even the guy cashing us out when we bought Bianco was enthusiastic and helpful.

Last edited by PenninInk; 08-05-2009 at 03:34 PM.
PenninInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #34 
rb500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenninInk View Post
That's exactly it! I love being able to change the color. I like it on white light for the day, and yellow light for nighttime. I think red is kinda harsh.

We got it because Bianco's translucent skin would change color with the lights, and it's really something to see!

The employees at my PetsMart are really sweet. They never pass up a chance to play with the dogs people bring in, and they take good care of the animals they sell. Even the guy cashing us out when we bought Bianco was enthusiastic and helpful.
it sounds really nice. i wanted to get that tank if i ever saw a white betta for exactly that reason, because i could set it to any color and it would look really cool! lol. you're lucky to have such a nice store near you. at mine they treat the dogs and cats well, even have in store training and stuff, even the birds and critters... but the fish section could be better. and the bettas are the usual story.