Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #11 
TheCrabbyTabby

Hello, I help to foster cats and am quite knowledgable overall in cat health.

I would get him to a vet's ASAP. He needs to be properly vaccinated (it looks like he has never gotten a vaccination in his life), neutered (so he doesn't feel the need to wander and contribute to the overpopulation of cats in your area), and can get tested for Feline Leukemia, and Feline Distemper. Both of these diseases are lethal and the cat needs to be tested for so that the cat in question doesn't die a prolonged and painful death. He also probably needs antibiotic ointment for his eyes, as he looks to have a severe case of upper respiratory disease.

You're on a great start, but he really needs some proper veterinary care.

I can help you if you live in the North Carolina/South Carolina area as I volunteer for an organization that takes in animals like Marmalade, fixes them up and adopts them out to good homes. PM me if you are interested and live in either of these states.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 05-30-2013 at 10:01 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #12 
Polkadot

Ohhhh the dear little kitten.Good on you & your neighbours for looking after him.It looks like he might have cat flu? Local vets are usually great and I'm sure they will help you out with vaccinating & desexing him etc,alot of places can help with making payments etc over time for people on a budget.Cat society's and most shelters have foster carers too that can help little ones till they are old enough & well enough to be adopted out.I hope he will be ok,he looks like he will be really beautiful when he is at top condition.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #13 
Nuij

Thanks for all the advice guys, but someone better equipped to take care of him actually came and took him. I'm gonna miss the little sweetheart, but it's best for him to be in a place where he can be better cared for, kept warm and safe inside, and without the worry of not being able to handle the finances involved with taking care of his medical problems.
Nuij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #14 
Polkadot

That is great news,he looks like a lovely little cat.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #15 
Nuij

He was a sweetie; very much a lovey little lap kitty.
Nuij is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kitten, rescue