Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #11 
crowntaillove3

There is a 10 gallon tank at Petsmart for like 29.99 that comes with a filter, light, hood, ect... I know it is a little far, but it is worth the wait! It cost less than one of my 2.5 gallon tanks, which REALLY ticked me off when I heard about it. If you don't have room for a 10 gallon tank, then try the Aqueon 2.5 gallon Betta Bow. It comes with a divider, but I don't use it. I know you don't want to go to Petsmart, but their tanks are much cheaper. Good luck!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #12 
BettaFran

Not to cause any trouble, but is anyone concerned about the tank being in a bathroom? Vikingchick, I worry about things like the light fixture from humidity, and temp swings in a bathroom, unless you have super venting in there. Also what about things you might spray in there, like air freshener or deoderant, unless you don't use those. But seems like there might be potential issues.
Does your cat bother the other tank? Can you put the two tanks next to each other?
As someone else asked, how exactly are your two girls acting out? You could keep one on each side of the divider....and put a bunch of fake plants along divider so they can't see each other as well.
Please give us some more details so we can help you brainstorm more. And keep us posted about how it all goes.
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #13 
vikingchick12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
It comes with a filter. You just need gravel, and if you really want to use Wal-Mart gravel, get the brown stuff that looks like natural unpainted rock -- that's what it is!

You can easily put a heater in a small tank. I have a 25 watt Hydor Theo in my 1 gallon hospital tank and it used to be in the 3 gallon. My 3 gallon now has a 50 watt Hydor Theo. No issues.
Ok thank you very much! :)

The problem is space. Otherwise I would love to get a 5 gallon tank!!! Also they are separated by the divider however it is very see through. It's just big boxes so it doesn't do much good. They both flair up along and swim aggressively against the divider. :/ I'm just worried that since Troublemaker is much more aggressive that she will hurt herself one day. Also they are both darker blue but with a different shine in their fins. So would the similar colors be causing a spark?
vikingchick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #14 
vikingchick12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFran View Post
Not to cause any trouble, but is anyone concerned about the tank being in a bathroom? Vikingchick, I worry about things like the light fixture from humidity, and temp swings in a bathroom, unless you have super venting in there. Also what about things you might spray in there, like air freshener or deoderant, unless you don't use those. But seems like there might be potential issues.
Does your cat bother the other tank? Can you put the two tanks next to each other?
As someone else asked, how exactly are your two girls acting out? You could keep one on each side of the divider....and put a bunch of fake plants along divider so they can't see each other as well.
Please give us some more details so we can help you brainstorm more. And keep us posted about how it all goes.
There is a really good fan that I always use if I take a hot shower. I rarely spray the fresheners in there. No the cat does not bother the tanks but I don't have any other solid places to put the other fish tank. We tried having natural plants blocking it but it doesn't seem to do much good. I honestly would just rather get a new tank since this one gives less space on the one side because of the filter. :( I originally was going to just make a darker DIY divider but I don't think they will be tricked by that. :/
Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #15 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingchick12 View Post
Ok thank you very much! :)

The problem is space. Otherwise I would love to get a 5 gallon tank!!! Also they are separated by the divider however it is very see through. It's just big boxes so it doesn't do much good. They both flair up along and swim aggressively against the divider. :/ I'm just worried that since Troublemaker is much more aggressive that she will hurt herself one day. Also they are both darker blue but with a different shine in their fins. So would the similar colors be causing a spark?
The coloring has nothing to do with it. Its just their temperament. I would definitely look into using fake (or real if you want) plants to block their view from each other. This will calm things down by a lot.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #16 
vikingchick12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove3 View Post
There is a 10 gallon tank at Petsmart for like 29.99 that comes with a filter, light, hood, ect... I know it is a little far, but it is worth the wait! It cost less than one of my 2.5 gallon tanks, which REALLY ticked me off when I heard about it. If you don't have room for a 10 gallon tank, then try the Aqueon 2.5 gallon Betta Bow. It comes with a divider, but I don't use it. I know you don't want to go to Petsmart, but their tanks are much cheaper. Good luck!
The Betta Bow is what I have. :/ The fish can see right through it! They also get a little rilled up when they see me so I don't know if it is maybe jealously? But, before we even put them in the tanks, Troublemaker wanted to get into Sapphires bowl! We nearly put them in together but decided to separate them (thankfully!!!).

Also my boyfriends mother has a 10 gallon tank but again space is an issue. I could have it down in the basement however, I would prefer if I could see my Betta's. In the future that would be awesome though.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #17 
vikingchick12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
The coloring has nothing to do with it. Its just their temperament. I would definitely look into using fake (or real if you want) plants to block their view from each other. This will calm things down by a lot.
We tried using a real plant but it wasn't really effective. I might try to use fake one's to see if that will help.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #18 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
We tried using a real plant but it wasn't really effective. I might try to use fake one's to see if that will help.
Try using bushy ones that reach to the top of the tank. I used different levels of plants for mine, so I could block as much as possible. If you can fit a hiding space in there, like a log or cave or something, that would help tremendously.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #19 
vikingchick12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Try using bushy ones that reach to the top of the tank. I used different levels of plants for mine, so I could block as much as possible. If you can fit a hiding space in there, like a log or cave or something, that would help tremendously.
Ok and they both have decor to play with. They occasionally use them but once they notice each other they go back to being aggressive.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #20 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Ok and they both have decor to play with. They occasionally use them but once they notice each other they go back to being aggressive.
Well that's a pain. >.<

I'm just trying to think of ways to save you money. I agree with BettaFran's post, though. Can you put it in your kitchen or dining room?

Tags
bettafish 3gallon help