Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #1 
sushiisaboss75

Talking He finally pooped! But... When do I feed him?

So, my fish sushi hasn't pooped in a while and he finally did! His stomach is still bloated though and I'm wondering when I should feed him. It's not as bloated but its still bloated. I made the mistake of feeding flakes to a sensitive betta but I bought Omega 1 betta buffet pellets. My goal is to get his digestive system back on track. I don't feed him a lot because of the major constipation. So I need to know when to feed him.

He's living in a 2.5 gallon bettabow. He gets his exersise and plays with his filter. It's funny to watch.
sushiisaboss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #2 
redcharizard

wait a day thats what i did

im new here as a poster/commenter
but i came here along time ago because one of my bettas was constipated too i did the garlic pea treatment and he pooed and the bloating went away right away but i held off a day to feed him then when i did feed him i counted his pellets and dropped them in one at a time the bloating returned but he poops just fine now
redcharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would wait another day or two before feeding him then start off with one or two pellets. You might try feeding him frozen daphnia.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #4 
jadaBlu

Daphnia is often suggested. I agree that you should fast him at least a day maybe even two. You can also soak his pellets and limit how you feed him. What kind of food have you been feeding him? Some foods are more prone to causing constipation.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote