Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #11 
LizbethDawn

You did good by him Feng and I'm sorry for your loss. That's kind of fish you never forget no matter how short a time they were with you.
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #12 
Fenghuang

Thank you. I like to think he's happy and comfortable now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica12980 View Post
:(
But how did he die?
I finally got him yesterday afternoon after seeing him at Petsmart for over two months. He seemed scared in his new tank and hid on the bottom very still, only coming up for air every once in a while, then darting back down again to seek another hiding place. He was just starting to swim around and explore when I went to bed last night.

The first thing I checked when I opened my eyes this morning was his tank. My heart sunk when I saw that the water was cloudy. It took a few moments to locate his little body sticking out from where it was wedged between the glass beads. He spent all of yesterday hiding among them and would blend right in because of how colourless he was. I don't know why he died. I had tested his cup yesterday and the water parameters weren't bad. Although he had only one eye, a scarred face, a skinny body, torn fins, and missing scales, those wounds were old. He did not have any physically signs of illness. He was also active and swimming when he was in his cup. Nothing was wrong with my water and I acclimated him really slowly.

Maybe I did something wrong. I'll never know for sure.

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #13 
Hadoken Kitty

No Feng, sometimes the fish are too weak for us to nurse back. Its okay. It isn't your fault. You gave him a more than amazing home to be in before he passed. That's all he could've asked for anyways.<3
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #14 
Pandoras

I begged her to buy him: he will forever be my little Scarface. <3 SIP.

He survived for two months braving the conditions of a pet store. I'm of the mind he was finally at peace or what he ha struggled and waited for, so ... That may not make sense to anyone else (but Feng), but that's what I believe.
Pandoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #15 
konstargirl

I miss my Chichiri. He was a one eye.. :(
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #16 
BettaPrincess13

S.I.P little guy

such a cute little betta fish. So caring and kind of you to have seen past his deformity and see the loving caring fish everyone else failed to see. he died in a loving home comfortably. He was lucky that someone loved him brought him home released him from his prison cup and took care of him the best they could and gave him all the love and care until he took his last breath.

Last edited by BettaPrincess13; 06-07-2013 at 01:04 PM.
BettaPrincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote