Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #1 
AyalaCookiejar

Murcielago (Mercy)

She developed dropsy and was gone in less than two days despite me having Kanaplex and treating as soon as I noticed. She went way faster than I expected. I wasn't ready to say goodbye.

Her little body looks so much like Okami's did, the last girl I lost to dropsy. I don't know why, or how. The remaining 4 girls in my sorority are doing great. She's gone, and it was too fast.

Swim in peace, babygirl.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #2 
Skyewillow

I'm really sorry for your loss, Ayala.

SIP Mercy
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #3 
Saphira101

I am so sorry. :(

S.I.P. Murcielago
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #4 
Shadyr

I'm so sorry Ayala! You were so careful with your setup and so attentive to making sure everything was perfect for your girls too! I hope everyone else continues to be healthy and happy.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #5 
BettaPrincess13

I'm sorry for your loss ): S.I.P Mercy I love the blue and red combination on her it's beautiful
BettaPrincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #6 
AyalaCookiejar

Thank you. She was actually purple and burgundy-ish. It was hard to get pictures of her true colors. She was the hardest to get pictures of because she was so dark and all her tank mates were lighter colored.

She was buried last night, next to Okami, Bahari, and Lotus. I have bricks on each of their graves and eventually want to carve their names into the bricks. I know she's in a good place, now <3
Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #7 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

So sorry for your loss... She was so bloody pretty, and had a lovely name. :3 Never thought of using car names...
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #8 
AyalaCookiejar

My brother got me into it! He has loaches and since they move so fast, he should've named them Lighting or something fast, lol. Then he said something about Veyron. It's a Bugatti, fastest car on the market. I fell in love with the name Veyron as soon as he mentioned it.

Many of my fish also have theme songs (Mercy by Kanye West... Lamborghini Mercy in that song actually is talking about the Lamborghini Murcielago). I already had Lotus, I named her after the flower because she was pink but ironically, it's also a type of car. Stella is a type of alcohol, named after the song Stella by All Time Low (about alcohol).

So I looked up a bunch of car names, lol. Daihatsu, Ascari, and Zenvo are also cars.

DaBaDee is blue and named after that song I'm Blue (DaBaDee, dabadie) by Eiffel 65. Bahari means ocean/sea in Swahili, his theme song was The Little Mermaid's "Under the Sea".

I am name obsessed lol. I don't like kids but I have a list of names for kids that I never want to have, haha. I figured it'd be easier to have a bi list of names for fish. It's saved on my phone. :)
Old 06-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #9 
Fenghuang

My condolenses. She was a pretty girl. SIP.

I really liked cars as a kid. Now that I think about it, cars have some seriously great names.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:16 AM   #10 
wish4coner

I am so very sorry for your loss. She is gorgeous. You did all you could and, she had a wonderful home. SIP!
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote