Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #11 
mybabyjets

im sorry for your loss..i hope you recover soon...ive lost some fish too, i cried so hard those days
mybabyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #12 
Indigo Betta

I'm sorry for your loss. he was a beautiful betta. S.I.P Pontus.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #13 
Haleigh

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your condolences.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #14 
BettaPrincess13

I hate when people say fish are just fish with no personalities or feelings. they are so ignorant when it comes to fish saying they don't feel or care about anything. I believe they do. Yours reminds me so much of mine. He always comes to the tank to see how I am and what Im doing and keep me company. and would always swim over when he saw I was sad and make me happy with his cuteness and just stare. and watches me when I'm leaving like "where are you going don't leave me ):"

I also see my fish as my child and I talk to him always he's my buddy and I love him dearly. right now he's fighting fit rot like yours was and an internal parasite and refuses to eat and hasn't for a week now. I'm treating him now for the parasite and then the fin rot but I don't know if he'll make it. He's a fighter much like yours and always tries to swim around but lately he's been lethargic and its become hard for him to come up for air. hopefully he makes it through but I'm preparing myself for the worst ):

It's so hard to lose a fish. especially a unique fish that was your companion and so close to you. you can never replace them. I don't seem them as just fish but loving companions that are always there for you.I think that they do understand feelings and recognize their owners and comfort you just like any other pet. I'm very sorry for your loss of such a wonderful companion. just know one day you'll be reunited with him and he'll be up there waiting for you when you get there. don't ever think it's your fault you did your best to treat him and I'm sure he knew that (:

S.I.P Pontus Rex
BettaPrincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #15 
Haleigh

BettaPrincess, I couldn't agree more. And thank you so much for your sweet post. I really appreciate it Ponty stayed primarily on my desk at school. I would always see him and talk to him from my seat at the desk. Every now and then, I would sit on my bed (next to the desk) and peak my head over to watch him from the opposite side of the tank. He would freak out, swim over, and just give me with incredulous look like "How in the world did you get over there mommy?!?"

Your fish sounds so wonderful. I'm glad he is loving and brings you so much happiness. I hope he gets better very soon! Keep your thoughts happy and just give him all the love and attention you can.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote