Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #51 
Silverbeam

Before I can fight the light blue halfmoon the black crowntail rams into me and backs up satisfied. I shake it off as quickly as possible. The betta is stronger than I imagined, but I'm just as determined as ever to beat him. He doesn't no what he's up against. I lunge forward and bite into his fins hard. I didn't bite as hard as I could have but I wanted to know if he was the enemy. I push forward and ram into him as hard as I can and he looks like he's going to double over for good. I slam him into the riverbed and shout to him, "Who are you? Some kind of enemy?! Tormenting these poor fish?! I'm warning you AND your little guppy, I'll get you both!" I didn't want to hurt the small helpless guppy, but if he was with the enemy, I wouldn't have a choice.
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #52 
Susukihotaru

Prince: After the betta and guppy swam away I checked the damage to my fins. It was just a small nick, and was barely noticeable, but it did hurt a bit. I decided to let it go and not try and follow them, and find a place where I would not be likely to run into any other aggressive males, I just didn't want to fight.

Yuki: I looked curiously at the plakat flaring at me, and flared back at him. He hadn't come up from my left side like the copper male before, and I was not startled by him. But I wondered whether he would be too aggressive to talk to. After living in a sorority, being dumped out here without any familiar betta was a bit lonely. I stopped flaring at him and ventured to talk, and see how he would respond.
"Um. Hello, there." I said cautiously.
Susukihotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #53 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
The other betta rams into me again and again and again. With each time I felt weaker and weaker, and everything seemed more distant. He slams me into the riverbed, and just as I think as I'm about to black out, I snap back to reality. The halfmoon babbles threats at me as I try to collect my thoughts. I obviously can't get out of his grip, he's much too strong and I'm feeling weak but I struggle anyway. there is NO WAY I am possibly going down without a fight.Who was this loony toon anyway? who did he think he was? A prince? He snarls at me, and I catch another look of that proud, defiant, look in his eyes, even when he says"Who are you? Some kind of enemy?! Tormenting these poor fish?! I'm warning you AND your little guppy, I'll get you both!" he gives me a disgusted look and I glare at him with my eyes full of hatred. The message registers in my head. Get you both? Little guppy? Oh, great he must mean Neptune. " Leave us alone, we are not the "enemy"! We haven't been tormenting fish..." Of course thats not exactly true but this oddball doesn't need to know that! Suddenly, I hear Neptune speak up.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #54 
Saphira101

~~~Oliver~~~
The female quit flaring at me, then spoke. "Um... hello there"
I stopped flaring as well. No more fighting for me, not after the little purple female had taken that chunk out of my caudal. It was just too risky. "Hi..." I said cautiously. "My name is Oliver. What's yours?"

~~~Manny~~~
Before I even have a chance to fight the halfmoon, this jet-black crowntail with navy blue tips on his fins rams into him, and I am forgotten. I watch as the halfmoon beats the pulp out of the crowntail, and I am suddenly seized by the urge to save this other male. If I didn't act soon, he wouldn't have any more chance for survival. Just before a guppy fry was to speak, I rammed into the halfmoon. I bit a chunk out of his dorsal, giving the crowntail time to escape. The halfmoon's attention was now focused directly at me...

~~~Olive~~~
I sat under the weeds for hours, but nothing came to me. I decided that it was no use, and I'd just have to take whatever life threw at me, without a survival plan. I swam out from my refuge under the weed, and began to search for food, right out in the open.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #55 
Susukihotaru

Yuki:
I was relieved when the other male stopped flaring, and calmed down a bit.
"My name is Yuki. It's nice to meet you, Oliver. Were you dumped here by humans, too?"

Prince:
As I was swimming through densely packed plants and weeds, trying to a avoid another surprise encounter with another male, I spotted a purple and white female swimming out in the open. Forgetting my earlier hesitation about being in a place where I could meet an agressive male, I flared up and began a dance along the edge of the weeds I had been hiding in, trying to catch her attention.
Susukihotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #56 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Basta~~~
Just as I'm about to prepare myself for another blow from the betta, a blue betta with a crooked back charges at him. Huh. I was seeing all kind of curious fish today. I seize this chance to escape, and drag myself as far away from the silver halfmoon as I could, with neptune leading the way. I collapse in a heap, then glance at him. I knew I shouldn't have got all mixed up in this "friend" business! " Whoa... why are there... 6 of you...? " I mutter. Then everything goes black.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #57 
Happyhobbit

I hope nobody minds if I add one more...

Name: Oscar
Age (human years): 1
Breed: Splendens
Tail type: veiltail
Color: red with purple streaks
Personality: caring, trusting, naive
Noteworthy: Was rescued from Petco and was very pampered
Old 06-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #58 
Happyhobbit

~~~Oscar~~~
After dumping me in the river, my human just... walked away."Wait! Don't go! " I called. But she kept going... and she didn't even look back. Tears fill my eyes as i watch the human I had known for as long as I could remember walk away. Its clear she's not coming back. I look around. This is nothing like my home. Where is the colorful gravel? Or my favorite place to play, the beautiful bridge i could swim around and play hide and seek with my owner? I see there are other bettas here. Terrified, I hide behind a leaf. i am terrible at camoflauge. My red drastically clashes against the lush green landscape here. i suddenly feel so... small. After all, this place is so big and scary, and I'm sure there are fish here that would like nothing better than to do something terribly awful to me. Maybe not, I tell myself. Maybe someone will be my friend, maybe everyone here is nice, maybe everyone else is scared too. I want my human more than ever right now.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-08-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #59 
Saphira101

~~~Oliver~~~
"Yes," I replied to the female. "I was." I looked at the ground sadly. "Since coming here, my ways have changed. I don't feel as aggressive, and I don't really want to fight any more. It's just not the splenden way... have you felt the same way?"

~~~Olive~~~
I had just swallowed a rather large mosquito larva when I spotted a big copper crowntail. He was dancing, obviously trying to catch my attention. I sighed. I really didn't feel like going near another fish right now, but I reluctantly swam over to him.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #60 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
I hope nobody minds if I add one more...

Name: Oscar
Age (human years): 1
Breed: Splendens
Tail type: veiltail
Color: red with purple streaks
Personality: caring, trusting, naive
Noteworthy: Was rescued from Petco and was very pampered

By all means! Please make as many characters as you like, as long as it doesn't exceed five.