Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #1 
5green

Question any reccomendations

so i am planning on getting a male crowntail betta but this time i want a GREAT tank so any recomendations pls reply
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #2 
CharH

How big of a tank are you looking for?
CharH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #3 
Eolith

I personally love love love my Marineland Corner 5. It comes with almost everything you need except for gravel, plants etc... and you need to get a heater. It's 5 gallons.
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #4 
Scienceluvr8

I believe any tank that is 2.5+ gallons would do great for your betta. If you plan on using a filter, make sure the flow is not too rough, and if your room gets pretty cold about less than 76 degrees, I would recommend getting a heater. As for the decorations, that's just your personal taste, but stick with silk or live plants as those will not harm the betta's delicate fins. Good luck!
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #5 
Vikki81207

Yeah, I think anything that's 2.5 gallons or more would be perfect.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #6 
5green

yes 2.5 would be nice but is petco better than petsmart
Old 08-17-2009, 03:31 AM   #7 
Scienceluvr8

I wouldn't know since I only have a petco, petland, and walmart here which I use for all my fish necesities.
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #8 
Kim

If you want 2.5 I think many people like the mini-bow aquariums in that size. I haven't had one personally though. They also sell glass 2.5 gallons (I have the 5.5 gallon and it is a good tank) and acrylic critter keepers. With bettas you want more length than height...just something to keep in mind. And just make sure that whatever you get has a cover. I'd probably use a small clip on light or something as well.

If you plan on moving the tank at all or doing complete water changes (are you cycling or not?) I would go with an acrylic tank as they won't break when moved. Glass tanks don't like to be moved ;)

As for decorations I recommend silk plants. JMO, but live tends to be very difficult (and expensive) and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone just starting out in the hobby. Also remember to include a hidey-hole somewhere. You can use terra-cotta flower pots, driftwood, or any non-sharp decoration that you buy at the fish store. You'll also want some aquarium safe gravel.

As always a heater is necessary. A filter is optional depending on whether or not you want to cycle the tank. If you do go for a filter the azoo is a nice one and has an adjustable flow. Sponge filters work well also for small tanks.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #9 
5green

Talking

omg i love this tank its perfect thank you so much is anyone might want to see it here is a url http://www.ask.com/bar?q=mini-bow+aq...t_id%3D3635102

it is perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks i owe you
Old 08-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #10 
Kim

No problem ;) It's a really cute tank :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote