Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #1 
ltshinthebetta

Where can I buy a tank divider?

So, I've got an empty 10 gallon tank sitting in my garage, and I was thinking about getting a filter/heater for it and putting my two bettas in there.
Of course, I need a tank divider.
Where can I buy one?
ltshinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Petsmart and petco probably have them. If they don't have them, you can either make your own, or order online. I recomennd making your own, I made 3 for under 5 dollars!!! See here to make one. http://www.fishforum.com/diy-aquariu...ividers-21866/
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #3 
ltshinthebetta

^Awesome, thanks for the link! =D
I'll try and make one. =)
ltshinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #4 
Vikki81207

Petsmart. But I make my own. I only bought one.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #5 
litljenarey

holy cow that's BRILLIANT!! I just saw them at PetSupermarket and I was going to tell you to go there but...

I'm poor, and cheap, and I was trying to figure out my tank stuff without spending a fortune. I've been annoyed that the tank dividers cost more than the tank, so my two boys are still in vases on the kitchen counter. I'm on my way to JoAnns now.
litljenarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #6 
Elena

I made my own following the instructions in the link and am very happy with it (thanks Vikki for the link! :)
Just make sure you put a piece of mesh on top across the divider enough to get 1.5-2 inches of mesh on each side. You don't have to secure it in place or anything, just place it on top and put the tank lid on top of that. It will prevent them from jumping the divider. I got that idea from a post by Wed after Vikki's Merlin jumped two dividers. I would have never thought of that myself :)
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #7 
Vikki81207

Yep that piece of mesh is on top is doing wonders. And making your own divider is VERY cheap. I pay about $5 if that. And if you get a pack of the material you're using for the divider that's big enough, you won't have to buy some for a while. I bought mine at Walmart for like 2-3 dollars. And I've made two dividers and the piece for the top. Still have like 4 or 5. So then you just gotta get more of the book report end things.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote