Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #1 
5green

Unhappy 12 dead bettas are you kidding

ok so i went to petco and they did not have any crowntail bettas so i went to walmart they only had one betta then i went to another walmart they had no bettas then i went to another petco they had like 20 bettas but when i looked close i saw a 7 bettas with swimbladder diasease and then they had 12 DEAD bettas i was sooooo angy so i complained to the maneger which yelled at the man who was supposed to be taking care of the bettas (i couldnt help but giggle )

oh and the manager also told me that yesterday a man took the betta out of the little bowl and put it in its pocket or fed it to his dog or somthing poor betta
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #2 
BakaMandy

It's the sad reality that in this world so many people take life for granted, especially all the small living things. )':
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #3 
5green

yes and its so sad
Old 08-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #4 
TianTian

Woah, intense stuff.

It would be so nice if us humans respected nature more. Then maybe we wouldn't have so many Greenpeace people on the streets, or organizations bugging us for more money to fund their somewhat-futile causes.

But at least, as far as humanity goes, we're trying. :)
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #5 
5green

were trying VERY hard
Old 08-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #6 
fishyinpa

Ugh thats horrible. I saw a betta at petsmart today,he had no fins left. Poor thing. Those stores just dont care about them. I tried saying something about it and they were like oh if they die we just order more. Thats just,sad. Beyond sad. Bettas are living creatures too. If they can take care of the small animals I see no reason why they cant take care of the fish too.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #7 
BakaMandy

I think not just nature, but life in general. :S

Human beings are just a little bit too arrogant and self centered. We like to like to look down on things that are weaker and not as intelligent as us. In fact, I think many people don't actually acknowledge that other living creatures are "alive" and feel things like pain as we do.

We take our place at top of the food chain for granted.

:) But yeah, at least people like us realize the value of our little fishy friends goes beyond something just material.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #8 
rb500

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaMandy View Post
I think not just nature, but life in general. :S

Human beings are just a little bit too arrogant and self centered. We like to like to look down on things that are weaker and not as intelligent as us. In fact, I think many people don't actually acknowledge that other living creatures are "alive" and feel things like pain as we do.

We take our place at top of the food chain for granted.

:) But yeah, at least people like us realize the value of our little fishy friends goes beyond something just material.
Yea, its too bad. We think we are all powerful just because we are more intelligent. Animals have their own specail things that make them unique. We can't breathe underwater. But anyways, I'm babbling lol. What I mean to say is that I agree with you
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #9 
litljenarey

Plus, even if you have no respect for life and "just plan to order more"

If the fish die, or are sick, then your losing inventory. If you need to order more, and don't sell the ones you have, then you lose money. From a strickly business standpoint it's still a stupid move to not care for the fish.
litljenarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #10 
5green

Quote:
Originally Posted by litljenarey View Post
Plus, even if you have no respect for life and "just plan to order more"

If the fish die, or are sick, then your losing inventory. If you need to order more, and don't sell the ones you have, then you lose money. From a strickly business standpoint it's still a stupid move to not care for the fish.
yes like you pay 100 dollars for 50 betta fish and sell each betta for 2.00 but you lose like 20 bettas its no profit and you lose money 100 % agreed