Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #1 
Kytkattin

Talking Weight Loss Goals, Dreams, Encouragement

It's not New Year, but now that I am done with school I am really trying hard to get back in shape. I had thyroid cancer 4 years ago, and then a complete thyroidectomy, so keeping my weight in check is a bit harder now than before. Plus studying too much and not making enough time for it hasn't helped. So I figured that I can't be the only one wanting to be healthier, even if the goal isn't to lose weight. So post your goal, and how you intend to implement that goal and we will all try to encourage you! Then come back and update whenever you feel like you are making progress or need to hear some positive thoughts!

For me personally, I am quite tall at 6', but I weigh 225lbs. I would like to lose about 50lbs and become my ideal weight of 180. In order to do this, I took my parent's old stationary bike from the garage and bike while I play video games. Today I biked for 9 miles while playing Katamari.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #2 
Betta Bonnie

Good luck with the weight loss. You can do it. I lost over 80 pounds 8 years ago.
Betta Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

If you'd like to journal food to help with weight loss you may PM me. It would be for 3 months. I have found it helpful but I have not found anyone who wants to do lately. I'd like to lose 20 lbs.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #4 
Lights106

Great idea! I have been developing asthma and it environment and exercise induced. I am hoping to ring down the exercise down part and I know actually getting out and moving will help it out greatly. I have been wanting to buy a treadmill so that I can watch my shows and not hate we the gym ha on. But alas there is no room :( my short term goal, which I have to focus on before I can even fathom my long term, is 15 lbs to get back to my pre baby weight. Then after that it to my high school weight (I have been overweight since I was 13).
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #5 
djembekah

I started walking for my anxiety. it really helps. i do about two miles, usually three times a week at least. I've lost a little weight, which is a happy side effect, but the main focus for me is managing my anxiety in a non self-harmful way. I'm hoping to increase my distance as the year goes on, maybe even eventually start running, and/or biking. i downloaded this app called "map my walk" and it really encourages me and keeps me accountable to myself. and it posts to Facebook
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote