Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #1 
Shawtee

Post 6 gallon - with the ugly tetras!

Right so before i get anymore complaints yes all fish desreve a nice life thats why ealier i got on the phone to my regular supplier (the more intellegent shop) and when i next get paid im popping in to pick up an anti fungal and bacterial treatment to cure the Pop eye on one of my black widows, I've talked to this aquarium before and they said that they would take my black widows. I shall talk to them again when i pick up the treatment.
It is correct that I do have a Dwarf puffer, i have joined a dwarf puffer forum for this, and altough deemed to be "solitary" puffers can be part of a community.
My tetras and Eski rarely bicker but sometimes they do chase each toher which is why i hope to get them moved, plus there a bit boring, hardly colourful, in contrast to my currently flourscent green tank.
Anyway i have a 30 L tank im looking to keep my current cory, Eski and my Puffer but i havea few questions for thooose more knowledgable!
Should i even attempt to breeed Guppies in the tank once i have moved the widow tetras (my dad has a tank which could do with a few) and i would like more colour in my tank.
Also WHAT is this i hear that cory's should be kept in small groups, i thought they were a scavenger/ cleaner fish. Could this be the reason why my single cory carries on hiding down the air pump? x
Shawtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #2 
fishyinpa

Yes cories are shoaling fish. They need more of their own to be happy. Minimum 6 to be kept happy. Less than that,they can wither away and die from loneliness. They usually eat what other fish drop,but they deserve their own food as well.They cant live on algae alone. I dunno about breeding,someone else can help you there.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #3 
Shawtee

Are there any solitary cleaners you suggest, im looking at getting 2 algae eaters and 1 scavanger, dont know wether you could suggest anything for that, i saw some really funky eel looking cleaners down at my pet shop but i didnt bother questioning because i could see my puffer and my siamese trying to eat them haha x
Old 08-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #4 
Jynx

I had a dojo loach for a few years and he was pretty cool and helped keep things clean- but I don't know if they're ok alone- he kept pretty close to my corys and was nocturnal. Dojos are also very gentle and will be picked on by aggressive fish.

*edit- I looked it up and it said they can be alone but are happier with 2 or 3- so yeah- the dojo loach is a nice scavenger type. It looks like an eel- maybe you saw one at the petstore.

Last edited by Jynx; 08-17-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #5 
Shawtee

i seee, i mite pop in one of my shops tomorrow... or next monday :D x
Old 08-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #6 
willow

hi
corydoras do well in a group,and probably the reason he's hiding is that he's lonely,
they behave so much different in a group,they're fun to watch.
shrimp are good cleaners.
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #7 
Shawtee

I just dont have room for theese fish damnit whos idea was a 6 gallon tank.