Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #1 
kvw1988

New little one

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I went to Petco and I ended up buying one of the babies. I'm sure it is a breeder cull because he is missing part of his anal fin and his back is crooked but it has so much spunk I had to give it a chance. I'm very excited to say that it made it through its first night and it just ate some frozen bloodworms. The little guy is pretty active and swimming and exploring its tank. It's even started to color up a nice blue green. I've looked at some fry charts and I'm guessing it's 8 to 9 weeks old. Still no idea on gender though. Fingers crossed the little guy will grow up :)
Attached Images

kvw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #2 
Ickbeth

Smile

so cute I had a baby that was white and red then out of nowhere he just died over night I decided it was s.i.d.s sudden.infant.death.syndrome. hope your guys fine
Ickbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #3 
kvw1988

Well start of day three of being under my care, and still doing well. I've been feeding frozen bloodworms, is that alright or should I try some crushed pellets too? I think it's a girl, because I think I see an egg spot, I'm not quite sure though. I've been calling it "Ash" I don't know why, it just stuck.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #4 
kvw1988

I also kinda decided that from now on I'll only buy babies, if raising this one turns out well. I figure the adults at the pet store have a better shot of a happy life because beginners should be able to take care of them, whereas the babies are lucky if they survive the petstore. But like I said we'll see how this goes first.