Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #21 
neenjar
Member
 
neenjar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
My wife works for the state. She is a family's last hope to keep their children before the state takes them away. Some of the stories she tells me make me wonder about the future of humanity.

they need to loosen the laws a bit and stop the lawsuits and all of the other stuff that makes people afraid to "parent" these days. When I was a kid and bad I was spanked, spank a kid now, get thrown in jail for child abuse. It really is a sad state of affairs.

When I say spank I mean layed over my mom or dads knee and bottom paddled a bit, not beaten. I do not advocate hitting children, but discipline and spankings surely have their place.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I agree.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #23 
Vikki81207
Member
 
Vikki81207's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cartersville, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaMandy View Post
lol I work at a toy store, so I see a lot of bad cases of parenting every day... 8| honestly people these days should get a LICENSE to be a parent. They don't know how to raise their children properly let alone discipline them... ~_~
Yes, I think it should be that way too, sadly. Disipline these days just aren't acceptable. I'm not saying to abuse your kids, but you gotta know when to put your foot down.
Quote:
I'm thankful my sister only likes to make funny faces at my fish xD; She used to like having these battles with Shota where she would puff up her cheeks and Shota would flare at her XD
LOL!
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #24 
Vikki81207
Member
 
Vikki81207's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cartersville, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenjar View Post
My wife works for the state. She is a family's last hope to keep their children before the state takes them away. Some of the stories she tells me make me wonder about the future of humanity.

they need to loosen the laws a bit and stop the lawsuits and all of the other stuff that makes people afraid to "parent" these days. When I was a kid and bad I was spanked, spank a kid now, get thrown in jail for child abuse. It really is a sad state of affairs.

When I say spank I mean layed over my mom or dads knee and bottom paddled a bit, not beaten. I do not advocate hitting children, but discipline and spankings surely have their place.
No what's really bad is when the kids know that if there's a mark, they can get their parents in trouble. My sister used to say "Oh yeah, go ahead and hit me. Leave a mark and I'll call the cops" OMG. I think parents should be able to hit their kids. It's okay if there's a mark, just not a bruise. I can see kids being punished, just not to the point where their bruised and bleeding all over.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #25 
dr2b
Member
 
dr2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Virginia
I agree Neenjar.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #26 
dr2b
Member
 
dr2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki81207 View Post
No what's really bad is when the kids know that if there's a mark, they can get their parents in trouble. My sister used to say "Oh yeah, go ahead and hit me. Leave a mark and I'll call the cops" OMG. I think parents should be able to hit their kids. It's okay if there's a mark, just not a bruise. I can see kids being punished, just not to the point where their bruised and bleeding all over.
I still can't believe kids do that!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #27 
MrVampire181
Member
 
MrVampire181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Wow: he ate one. LOL. Bettas don't usually like flakes. KEEP YOUR SIS AWAY FROM YOUR BETTAS!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #28 
neenjar
Member
 
neenjar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Wow: he ate one. LOL. Bettas don't usually like flakes. KEEP YOUR SIS AWAY FROM YOUR BETTAS!!
Both of mine will eat anything that falls in the tank, algae wafers included. They are by far the least picky betta's I have ever owned.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #29 
Jazattackk
New Member
 
Jazattackk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Greater Vancouver
Well that sucks for you. But your fish will be okay since he only ate one. I know how siblings are, becuase my damn brother kept on shaking my fishtank and scaring my betta, but you should move the bowl in your room, and maybe avoid getting your sis mad at you
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I'm glad my fish are upstairs. People, even adults sometimes will tap on the glass and it upsets the fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
betta, bowl, food

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Male and female bettas in same bowl? Livelifelaughlove Betta Fish Compatibility 17 07-10-2011 07:23 PM
Alll my Children :) rockstar26 Betta Fish Care 15 08-25-2009 08:03 PM
Food for Bettas JMeenen Betta Fish Care 4 06-12-2008 06:47 AM
Bettas rejecting food? Zakura Betta Fish Care 7 07-10-2007 09:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.