Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #21 
Otterfun

Just returned home, happy with the condition of my 2.5 SPEC III.

Briefly, did not have time to decorate the SPEC III tank before my Trip on 5/19/13. So this is a brand new tank set up on 5/19/13. Baffled the ourflow with a sponge. Just threw in lots of hornwort, anacharis and reg hygrophilia. Fish sitter instructed to do 50% WC every week. Last WC as this past Sunday. Feeding weekly. 1 young adult female and a possibly stunted female. Guessing about 3 months old each.

Seeded the Biomax bag from the cycled SPEC V and threw it in.

This is right before I left:

This is today, note no lights were on during this time, only whatever natural light from the curtained window. Sorry about the sideways shot. most of the hornwort melted, only some anacharis left, and the red hygrophilia is thriving.

Now for the test results: tada...0 ammonia & nitrite. only reason for high nitrate is the lack of WC which should be 1 x 50% and 1 x 100% each week. Oh, I placed the nitrite and ammonia tubes in the wrong columns. Also can someone tell me if it is 20, 40, 80, or 100? They are very close in color. Thanks.

I am going to do a 75% tonight and remove the melted plants and see if the nitrates will improve. I am happy with the results though.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #22 
sunlight

omg i didn't see your post. I don't cycle my tanks and i don't have live plants but why it happened ? Is your betta ok?
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote