Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #91 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Ventral or Pectoral fins? Oh right, your EE's right? They grow like any other fin so with warm, clean water and some Stress Coat (that's next on your list after a siphon haha) and time they'll heal up. They may not be exactly as they were in your picture because there will always be nipping in a sorority, but they can grow out again.

And for Maximus, lower his water level so he doesn't even try to hit the top again, that would definitely help. He'll heal over a few days anyway without the Stress Coat, Stress Coat just makes him heal up faster is all. But he'll do fine without it providing his water is clean and warm which it should be, even if you're doing water changes by cups.

If you do the cup method, try stirring the bottom up so that you can scoop out as much debris as you can. And Paddie's plants should be fine to use now if they've been out a week.
Yeah my EE girls and I just wanted to make sure they would grow back lol

Also can I use Paddies old silk plants for Maximis since I rinsed them and they've been sitting out for a week or more?

And I'll get the stress coat along with the Syphon :) can you send me a picture of what the stress coat you use looks like?

And I just cup the tip but only because I need to get a Syphon. I only use it when emptying my tanks
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #92 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup, said you could use her plants lol

And my Stress Coat is just the one at Wal-mart, any API brand is fine and you can get either regular Stress Coat or Stress Coat Plus, both pretty much do the same thing. As long as it says Aloe Vera on it, you can use either one or the other
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #93 
Roemgie

Quote:
Yup, said you could use her plants lol

And my Stress Coat is just the one at Wal-mart, any API brand is fine and you can get either regular Stress Coat or Stress Coat Plus, both pretty much do the same thing. As long as it says Aloe Vera on it, you can use either one or the other
Oh sorry I was reading too fast lol

Ok I'll defiantly put that one the list! And also, Ceylon is very large. I don't really know what an 'eggy' female looks like verses a constipated one but I'm thinking she wouldn't constipated especially with all the salt, right?

And of course someone said if they don't release their eggs...they pass away... 0_0
Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #94 
Roemgie

Here's some pictures of Ceylon

Old 06-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #95 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah she looks eggy to me. See how her stomach is more flat than rounded? That's a sign. And no they won't pass away if they withhold their eggs. If they are not healthy, and when I say healthy I don't mean tip top shape, I just mean they aren't on the floor dying, then they will either reabsorb their eggs or release them but it still takes time.

AQ salt makes them retain water and fluids whereas Epsom salt is a laxative so it releases fluids. It could be possible they are retaining fluid but it's not inhibiting them and they need that velvet gone more than they need to poop at the moment.

Are they in sight of any males? it is also possible that she see's her reflection and thinks it's a male,that's happened before. And then becomes eggy but she'll be fine either way
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #96 
Roemgie

Quote:
Yeah she looks eggy to me. See how her stomach is more flat than rounded? That's a sign. And no they won't pass away if they withhold their eggs. If they are not healthy, and when I say healthy I don't mean tip top shape, I just mean they aren't on the floor dying, then they will either reabsorb their eggs or release them but it still takes time.

AQ salt makes them retain water and fluids whereas Epsom salt is a laxative so it releases fluids. It could be possible they are retaining fluid but it's not inhibiting them and they need that velvet gone more than they need to poop at the moment.

Are they in sight of any males? it is also possible that she see's her reflection and thinks it's a male,that's happened before. And then becomes eggy but she'll be fine either way
She doesn't see him and shouldn't see her reflection so I don't know :/

Yeah I forgot that AQ salt did that -_- so i shouldn't be worried though? (sorry for being short, its too late/early in the morning lol)
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #97 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Nope, she's not bloated from the salt because it would then be more rounded and bulge more out on the side. Her lips would get a bit swollen too but since she's more boxy then she's just eggy. After this treatment you can do a low regimen of Epsom to help release all fluids.

It's possible she could also mistake another girl for a male as well, sometimes they just get confused lol but it's nothing to worry about
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #98 
Roemgie

Quote:
Nope, she's not bloated from the salt because it would then be more rounded and bulge more out on the side. Her lips would get a bit swollen too but since she's more boxy then she's just eggy. After this treatment you can do a low regimen of Epsom to help release all fluids.

It's possible she could also mistake another girl for a male as well, sometimes they just get confused lol but it's nothing to worry about
Ok good! She's not swimming very well but she is trying, poor girl :( oddly enough I REALLY want to breed her to Maximus...darn velvet...

She might have or who knows maybe she knew of my wants to keep her genetics going lol

But I'm glad that it's nothing to be concerned with!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #99 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol yes, I saw your other post about breeding! I really wish you could breed Iris but with the bent spine it's definitely not a good idea as Indjo pointed out (might have gotten the name wrong) But Ceylon would certainly be a good candidate, they would make beautiful babies! By that time I might have room for another male so if you needed homes, I could certain take either male or female ^_^
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #100 
Roemgie

Quote:
Lol yes, I saw your other post about breeding! I really wish you could breed Iris but with the bent spine it's definitely not a good idea as Indjo pointed out (might have gotten the name wrong) But Ceylon would certainly be a good candidate, they would make beautiful babies! By that time I might have room for another male so if you needed homes, I could certain take either male or female ^_^
Yeah same here!

But right now I'm panicking because Ceylon is pine coning!! I've moved her to my 5.5 that's about 40% full and I'm thinking i'll put 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt in there to hopefully get her to use the bathroom!!