Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #1 
rb500

when will it end?

I can't remember who posted it, but someone on here posted a video on youtube that showed horrible care advice from a so called expert. I watched and made this comment,

"I hate all these people that think that bettas are fine in small bowls without heaters. They need at least 2 pellets 2x a day, not 1 once. THEY NEED HEATERS! THEY ARE TROPICAL FISH! Oh! it makes me so mad!"

Today, I had this reply...

"f--- face, they live in small puddles in asia..."
(I edited out the real word)

I answered with this,

"Language is uncalled for, and if you would pay attention to what the rest of the people on here are saying you would notice that i am not the only one trying to tell the truth to the misinformed masses.

While they may be FOUND in puddles after the tide has gone out or a drought has occurred, that is not their natural home. They live in rivers and bays, and in tropical environments. This is the common misunderstanding that has come to be known as truth when people hear that betta catchers find them here because it is here that they are easy to see and capture. While dogs may fall into holes and kittens get stuck in trees, does that mean we should assume that is where they naturally belong? That it's proper housing and care that we must mimic? While an animal or even human may be able to breathe and survive in a room too small to move, does that mean that we subject them to live there forever without heating, clothing, proper food and adequate care? Bettas may be just fish but they are living things that require as much to live as any other thing science calls alive.

When properly cared for bettas are bright, active, beautiful fish that deserve everything their lives should be. I am sure I cannot change your mind if you are determined to believe anything you are told without a chance of rewriting that information with what is fact, but I do sincerely hope that you will listen to what IS the truth. For more information I hope that you will visit this site, http://www.bettafish.com/

It is an amazing resource that will back me up on everything that I have said.

For more on this specific topic, here is a thread from the site, http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=8923

It debuncks this very fact we disagree about, and shows more evidence than I can provide. I do not mean to be rude in any way, and I truly hope you will check out these links."

It came out very buisness like lol, I hope I didn't sound mean, but I was angry. Also, sorry if I wasn't supposed to post links in other places. I've heard of some sites being against it, but I couldn't find a rules area on here. I'm glad I did it, at least my intentions were good. Anyway, I'll stop rambling, this post is long enough lol.

PS. I know that hot rooms and some smaller bowls eliminate the need for a heater, but I mean generally
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #2 
Jazattackk

Good job, that autta show 'em!
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think you did anything wrong by providing them with a link to this site. Hopefully, someone will come here and learn something.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #4 
rb500

Though I don't blame them for believing the widespread opinion, I did too before I was enlightened lol. Its just that everyone thinks this, even many 'betta experts', so there's no way out unless you stumble across someone like us. That is what I was trying to do. : D
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #5 
rb500

And thanks jazz, thanks drama :)
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #6 
Volpe

Hopefully you will enlighten more than a few misinformed people. :D
Well done!
Volpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #7 
rb500

Thanks!! I have thought about printing off papers of information and setting them next to the bettas, I would include the url to this site on it! In big bold letters lol
Old 08-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #8 
AngelicScars

You tell 'em!! :)
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote