Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #1 
fishyinpa

debating....q-tine tank and betta tank

Okay so I am seriously thinking about getting some rasboras to live with my pandas. But I want to q-tine them. So I have a 5.5 glass tank and a 5 plastic tank. Zeus is currently in the 5 in my dining room. So where the debate comes in is,who do I put in moms bathroom which has very little natural light other than when someone goes in there. I read razzies are much like pandas,dont like much light. So i was totally thinking of putting them in there. But they would have to go in the 5 plastic,cause the glass would not fit. Would 6 razzies be okay in a 5 for a few weeks? I would do just two weeks,but at the end of two,we are leaving for vacation,so I will just let them go another week. Thoughts??
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #2 
Vikki81207

I think if it's just the razzies by themselves that they should be fine. Good luck!
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #3 
Vikki81207

What kind of rasboras do you want?
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #4 
Kim

I'd say they'll be fine with frequent cleanings. The tank is cycled?
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #5 
Elena

It might be a little too much to add six rasboras to your tank at once, even if the tank is cycled. The bacteria you have in there right now may not be enough initially to sustain such a large increase in the population and you may experience a mini-cycle. I would add two-three at a time to the 12 gal. As for them being in the five for a few weeks, I am not sure. It sounds like you are leaving and may not be able to do frequent water changes like Kim suggested. If that's the case, I would wait until you come back to go through the process. Is the 5 gal cycled?
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #6 
fishyinpa

Yes i have extra cycled tanks. Hmm...I didnt think of the mini cycle. Darn it lol. Okie,so I could get 3 for now,q-tine and add them to the 12. Then get 3 more,same deal. Yeah I will be going away for a week,so nobody to change their water in that time. Would 3 be okay without a wc for a week? Unless I add them to the 12 before I leave..but same deal with wc's. Darn. Guess I will wait till after to do so. Maybe Ill just try my female betta in with them for now and work on harlequins later.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote