Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #11 
Minnieservis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Going to sit here and watch this thread in case a girl pops up that could go into my sorority too! Don't mean to hi-jack any threads! I'll just take the scraps so to say haha
My mentality exactly! I'm actually really excited to see the girls :)
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #12 
whatsupyall

You guys and gals are hilarious lol. Why not just purchase my females that are free of deformities! lol. Anyway, I just ask that if you find any that you like that I am rehoming for free, that you pay $15.00 flat rate shipping. Are you still waiting now? Haha, silly.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #13 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Certainly, if I were to buy a fish it'd still have shipping on it anyway! So either free fish with shipping or pay the fish and the shipping....lol Either way I don't exactly have money now anyway so I'm more just looking around I guess
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #14 
Minnieservis

Are you on aquabid? :)
Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #15 
whatsupyall

I am, but I usually post my fish here first. Then a few days later I post them on AB. It's usually cheaper here. I am always willing to work things out with members here for a reasonable price. So if you see something you like, don't hesitate to send me a private message. I may list fish for $10 or so, but I can do $9.99 no problem lol joking. So yeah, I'm just finishing up taking pictures from the videos because youtube takes forever to upload lol. I promise the fish with faults won't be up til tomorrow in the afternoon lol.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol 10 dollars to 9.99 that's great XD Are they all blue's and greens from this past spawn? Or is it a new spawn?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #17 
Minnieservis

Well I'm looking forward to seeing them, deformed or not :)
Old 06-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #18 
jadaBlu

What's lol for?

I posted because I know spawns produce many more fish than a breeder can home or care for. I know culling is part of the breeding process but I like to imagine that breeders wish they could home more of the bettas rather than cull. Furthermore, if I go on aquabid I pay $20-30 for a fish often I might also pay shipping from Thailand. I think they are beautiful but I could also buy fish supplies like the whole bunch of live plants I will need for my 20 long.

Female fish are harder to find here they cost between .99 and $2.69. They often are not colored. Generally no one wants them. In some stores I've seen them intentionally dump dirty water in the cups the females or just never clean their cups so they die and they get the credit for them. I've tapped most of the supply of decent females that don't all look the same. I still have 4 that look almost the same.

The way I see it get some fish a breeder doesn't want or can't possibly keep due to the sheer numbers. The fish get to live and get a home with a nice habitat. It seems like a win-win to me. I will buy from aquabid or a member few months down the road. Once this tank is set up.

Last edited by jadaBlu; 06-13-2013 at 09:49 PM.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #19 
Riverotter

Jadeblu I think it's brilliant.
I was thinking about starting a similar thread for veil-tails, as I know they pop up in some spawns and are promptly culled, because no one wants them. Except I want them, so it can be a win-win.
It's the same with females of any variety. Nearly everyone prefers the boys. So if you want girls, why not speak up??

I've been very tempted by Whatsupyall's girls myself. Like you, I just can't find any around here, and a sorority is just such a nice thing to have!
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #20 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
lol 10 dollars to 9.99 that's great XD Are they all blue's and greens from this past spawn? Or is it a new spawn?
No I haven't started a new project yet lol. And yes, I only have the blue and green as of now lol. A few variation of color for the blue though. I will post up soon for sale, probably $10 each as usual. The culls are red-blue fin light body and cambo.