Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #1 
hurtig

Question My Betta´s are living in the same thank

I have big male he is black and blue and 2 females they have bin living together sins april this year and it has not bin a problem now i got a bigger thank for them and they have sparwned but now the eggs are gone from other treads here I can see it should be a big problem for them to live together in the same thank is that why the eggs are gone?

what do i do next time there are some eggs? should i sepperate the grown fish from the eggs ore only the females?

My male fish i well over 2 years now and i would love to have some babys from him he is really beutiful and nice tempered.

Thankyou so much for the info
Sari
hurtig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. I imagine they're eating the eggs. Males and females really shouldn't live together except for spawning purposes only.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Hello and welcome to FishForum. I imagine they're eating the eggs. Males and females really shouldn't live together except for spawning purposes only.

Yop. 2 years? Wow that's pretty close to the giant male that bred at 3 1/2 years old.

Also, a reguar tank with gravel, high water level, and stronger filtration isn't a good breeding setup. See my thread "How to Breed Bettas".
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #4 
ScentedLove

The eggs are probably eaten.
ScentedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #5 
hurtig

thankyou for your fast reply

well they get along and none off them are missing a fin ore anything.

how do i go about splitting them up? I have plenty thank´s to keep them in but only to filterpumps
how do you get them to breed if they are seperated ... my big thank is 54 liters (they are living in now) many places to hide and many living plants such as waterlilly 2 tall/long and buttom plant with colors leafshape simmerly to the females shapes and colors.

I have a nother thank that is 24 liters and a 15 liters and the very small one is 8-10 liter (havent tryed how much water can fit in there)

I whant to do this right and i have arsked in the many shops and they seam to think its ok to keep them in the same thank as long they have places to hide if the going gets tuff.

I love my fish and think they know me from others I got the male from my brother and he have had it for well over a year and it was fully grown when he got it and now ive had it since march this year.... is it normal that the male is so old ?

Thankyou
Sari
hurtig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Bettas don't really require heaters unless the room temp is too cold.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #7 
Jynx

There's a big thread about how to breed bettas in this same section of the forum. Did you see that?
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #8 
rb500

Males and females should never be housed together, period. They may get along now but then all of a sudden one will be dead. Seperate them now, and you shouldnt breed unless you know exactly what you are doing. The pet shops will never tell you the right information as most of the workers aren't trained, just come ask us.
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #9 
AlexXx

how have they all been living peacefully with each other?!? isnt this unheard of? 2 females and a male?!?! cohabitation!?
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote