Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #1 
KKCOTNER

Exclamation Hex Aquarium Reflection Causing My Betta To Flare Too Much ! Help!!

Happy Father's Day to you Dad's Out there!!!

I have had my Betta Fish Dougi in a Marineland 5 Gallon Hex for about 3 months now and He had done great until about a week ago till he started noticing that he could see his reflection in the sides of the hexagon of the aquarium....I am thinking about getting him a new home because I am getting very worried about him....two nights ago.....He literally made me jump....He was swimming so fast and flaring and running into the sides...I had to take one of the live plants out because he kept swimming by it and injuring his tail....which is now is not looking good at all......it was moneywort plant.....The light is not on right now but he is still flaring.....I just don't want him stressed out too much....He is still blowing bubbles and He is not at the bottom but is that normal?? He bows up like he is taking on the world.... Is there an aquarium that I can get the he won't see his reflection in?? Any ideas?? Thanks a bunch you guys!!!
KKCOTNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #2 
BettaFran

All aquarium sides will reflect some. Have you tried the IAL, rooibos, black water extract thing? Maybe the darker water with calming tannins would help. I'm surprised to hear you say a live plant hurt his fins. But you could try some softer leaved ones and put along tank sides to break up his reflection more. Keep us posted. Hope this helps some.
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote