Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #1 
Canis

Sorority Log (Pic Heavy)

(sorry for blurry pics ahead of time)
Well, since Fishizzle is a bit old now, and not really a baby anymore (lol), I'm putting together a new log for my soon-to-be sorority girls. Right now they're all under quarantine, until I'm sure everyone is without illness.
A little info on the girls:
Fishizzle was my first girl, I got her as a baby from Petco. I've had her since May 14, 2013, and she was my inspiration for the sorority. I told myself that if she was a girl (she was too young to tell when I got her), my ten gallon would be the new home of a sorority.

Next we have Fire. I got Fire from Walmart, about 2.5 hours away from my home, on June 8, 2013. She was actually labeled as male, as the store "no longer sold females." Obviously someone wasn't too good at sexing bettas XD I took her home, after paying much more than I would have liked, and I'm very glad I did! She is a wonderful little girl just bursting with personality.

After that, we have Moon, a tri-colored DT. I got her at Petco on June 10, 2013. She is so adorable with her little white face! And her attitude is huge XD I have a feeling she'll end up being the Alpha of the tank.

(cont.)
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #2 
Canis

Next, we have River. I got her at Atlas (LPS) on June 10, 2013. She is such a cutie! Her personality hasn't really come out yet though.

Next, we have the new girl, who has yet to be named (by my friend). I just got her today (June 16, 2013) and she is such a cutie!

Thats all of the girls (for now, lol). I'll be updating this thread often, so keep an eye out or subscribe.

On a final note, thank you SO much, lilnaugrim, for helping me out with with all of my questions and concerns about the sorority and so much more!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #3 
Canis

Also, a link to a video I took earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opDwt...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Your new red girl looks like my girl Cherry!

I love that pic of Moon to where she's facing the camera haha cutie!!

This is going to be a great sorority!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #5 
Canis

Thank you!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

But you should totally get some yellow/orange in there ASAP! lol

I looked at Petco/Petsmart and there were some cambodian colors and one or two yellow colors but no oranges. There was a beautiful male VT though that was orange with cellophane butterfly!! Beautiful! If I had room for more males, I'd totally snatch him up!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #7 
Canis

Nothing like Fire either 8( There was a beautiful yellow crowntail at Petco when I was getting the new girl, but my mom would have killed me if I came home with her.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #8 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol my mom almost did kill me when I brought home a Giant PK girl last night! I'm not at my dad's so she's got to stay in her cup for the time being but she's in clean water right now and she ate 3 pellets this morning! So proud of her. She'll be getting her own thread up soon when I get the chance

Have you tried sneaking Betta's in? I usually can put them in a bag or something when they know I've gone out shopping or whatever and so then they don't see the cup. That or in a backpack and just be super careful is all lol or hidden in the jacket, I've done that as well XD
Old 06-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #9 
Canis

My mom is a hawk XD She can sense when a fish comes in the house, I kid you not. Its insane. I can't wait to see pics of the new girl!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

LMAO! that's great XD

My mom is rather oblivious but that's fine with me XD She wouldn't have noticed if I just brought it upstairs and brought a bowl of water randomly up stairs....but I had her on the kitchen counter while I was acclimating her over a few hours since her water was super nasty. And usually with my dad he doesn't notice if I get new fish but I usually tell him anyway since he does enjoy talking with me and likes that I have a good hobby. And as my mom's boyfriend says "there are worse additions!" he'd know since he's quitting smoking and he's doing so well but it is difficult for him