Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #1 
Kiara1125

5 Dead Females in *3* Days

All of my female bettas in my community tank died within 3 days. It's ONLY the females that were affected, and I noticed that as they were dying and after they died, they had discolored blotches on them. They either had red blotches with dents in their bodies or yellowish-gray blotches with risen scales over the affected area. What could this be? I never took any pictures, because I was focused on getting them out of my tank. I have one female who I did keep, my sweet Naussie. She has red blotches and dents on her head. My friend's CT female, Shadow, went from completely black to white with red blotches. What could this be?!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #2 
Kiara1125

Here are some pictures of Naussie after she died. Her right gill is inflamed and has white discoloration and she has a red blotch on her head and it caves in. Also, she has a purplish line running down her spine that was never there before. Her scales are really flaky too. She has this overall grayish discoloration to her.

Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote