Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #21 
Hopelessaddict101

It's alright, rant away. I honestly just got these notifications lol!

1) Perhaps turn the temperature up on the heater higher than you normally would. I do that if it gets colder - I turn the heater hotter. Though you'd clearly keep an eye on the temperature.

2) That's like slavery! You shouldn't have to work for that much! That's ____. -_-

3) That really, really sucks. Sorry to hear that you are struggling. Perhaps you and your sister could postpone the trip?

4) You have to think and have money in this world to get by - times are tough and things are way too expensive to be a free-loader. I think there's a difference between a greedy person and a smart person. I think maybe you used to think she was just greedy, but grown up now you have sort of lived the experiences and realized that it's how it needs to be for you to survive. So sorry to hear about your mom - hope she has recovered fine.

Oh, sigh. That grumpy pre-teen Betta stage huh ;p wow, he must be strong to knock the heater off!
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #22 
Irishdancer

Thanks, I'm feeling a little bit better today. I don't have to work the phone books again until Monday, so I get to spend today at home and tomorrow I'm going to go to the mall and go store-to-store asking if they're accepting applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelessaddict101 View Post
]
1) Perhaps turn the temperature up on the heater higher than you normally would. I do that if it gets colder - I turn the heater hotter. Though you'd clearly keep an eye on the temperature.

My tank heaters aren't adjustable.I know the adjustable ones are better, but neither of the pet stores in the area carry any good ones except the kind for really big tanks. I've decided to just replace some of the heaters, and I'm looking online for a nice one that I can afford.

It was Sherlock's turn for a 100% water change yesterday, but he just had such a beautiful bubblnest that I didn't want to disturb it. So Idecided to do Spock's instead, and I'll do Sherlock another day. And it looks like Yoda is starting a little bubblenest as well, which is exciting because he's never made bubblenests often at all.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #23 
Irishdancer

I feel absolutely horrible because I've gotten behind in tank-cleaning. I haven't even done partial water changes in any of them for a couple days, so tomorrow I'm going to do 100% changes in all the tanks.

Good news about the heater though: we had warmer weather for a couple days, so the water temperature has been easier to control. Also I found a heater that I like better. I'll post more about that in a different thread, but here's the one I'm thinking about at the moment: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo
I can't order it until I get paid for the phone books, which might not be until Tuesday, though.

Also, my sister and I are going to the dance competition after all! My parents wanted me to do the phone books for another week, but they told me I could put the money towards the trip. I'm really excited because I love short trips like this, and my sister and I are looking forward to spending the time together, and competitions are always lots of fun, but at the same time, I'm nervous because I have the bad habit of putting lots of pressure on myself to get good results, and I'm not feeling very confident about my dancing at the moment.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #24 
Irishdancer

I'm really worried about Anakin. Today he's not been swimming around like usual, and when I fed him, he didn't get all exited. I feel awful because I haven't been home much lately, so I don't know how long he's been sick. I'd noticed that he didn't come up to greet me when I get home, but he normally isn't active at that time of evening, and he has been swimming around every morning when I feed him, so I didn't think I needed to worry about that. But today he's definitely not feeling well, and I think he might be dying.

I was so stupid to take this job! If I'd been home where I could see him, and if I hadn't forgotten to clean his tank on schedule, he'd probably be fine and now he's going to die just because I was greedy and wanted to make a little money.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #25 
Irishdancer

I just realized I haven't been on this site in ages...

Anakin died after being sick for a couple weeks. He wasn't growing as much as he should have, so I'm not really sure what the problem was. Maybe the time when the power was out and he had to go without a heater for several days in the winter caused more damage than I realized.

I currently have six fish. Yoda isn't doing so well, I think he has a tumor. He's always had a bit of an unusual swimming pattern, and I noticed a bit of a lump a few weeks ago. Since then, he's gradually gotten less active. He also seems to have troubles breathing at times.

The other five are all in good health and enjoying the fact that it's so hot this time of year that the house is almost always above 80 degrees (and I love not having to use the heaters!) Davros and Gandalf have been making bubblenests almost daily.

I don't think I had Gandalf yet the last time I updated. He was a Wal-Mart rescue. When I found him, he had parasites and a bit of fin-rot, but I could tell by his colors that he'd do well with proper care. I had troubles buying him because my Mom was trying to convince the store clerk to mark down his price by pointing out that he was sick, and so he was trying to get me to buy a healthier fish instead. But I was able to buy him, and he got healthy amazingly fast. He's so funny because he'll make huge bubblenests, mess them up and build a new one over and over again.

As far as the job situation, I'm still looking for a steady job, but I've found some temporary things that have worked much better than the phone book delivery.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back! I'm sorry you lost Anakin.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote