Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #11 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iorek View Post
Just a quick note: Velvet is a photophilic disease - which means it can only continue its life cycle when there's a light, covering the aquarium with paper and making aquarium water a little darker will help the treatment.

Velvet is really contagious and you can always try professional medications, sera oodinopur is really strong solid treatment method, but messes up the BB and cycle
Trust me I got a towel on when I realized and the AQ treatment has been working wonders :)
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #12 
sunlight

Roemgie your girls are so cute i hope you will get rid of the velvet completely.
If you using the siphon for your 20 gall tank or any other tank, or anything you are using to do water changes (a net, a cup etc) make sure you rinse it with hot water and let it sit outside to dry out completely. Parasites are die without host, so when you dry everything out they die. And the siphon hand it vertically so all the water drips out.
For your 20 gall how i understood you was treating with Maracyn. I don't think that maracyn will help though. You don't want to medicate fish with wrong medications. I understand you can't do 100% water changes for 20 gall you, but what you can do is raise the temperature and do 50% water changes every other day or even every 2 days .

How are they doing?
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote