Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #11 
Ashashi

UPDATE: Still in his cup but now I see bits of very faint fuzz on the bottom and hanging off his rays still. Must be the parasites dying I hope.

Changed his water, gave him some more medicine and a bit of IAL for good measure :)

He has a full but not bloated tummy but still seems pale, which is probably a result of the QT cup and the meds.

I think I'll wait the rest of the week before putting him back in the tank (which i also need to treat to be safe still)
Ashashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

He's probably shedding his slime coat, that's what the fuzzies are. The Parasites would come out in white poop form. And you don't need to treat the tank, they need a fish host to survive so they won't lurk in the water for very long. Just do a large water change, 80% would be good and you're set.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #13 
Ashashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
He's probably shedding his slime coat, that's what the fuzzies are. The Parasites would come out in white poop form. And you don't need to treat the tank, they need a fish host to survive so they won't lurk in the water for very long. Just do a large water change, 80% would be good and you're set.
UPDATE: Raph hasn't flared since that one time even with a mirror in front of his QT cup. But he's still pretty active and hungry as ever! He ate two pellets at once and because I was so close to the bowl I actually heard him munch on them.

Leo seems a little... off. I'm not sure if this is due to Raph not being in the tank with him or not but I'm worried.

The tear in his fins don't seem to be healing all that well :< and he looks pale. So I'll do the 80% water change of course first but if there's no sign of improvement I'll just go ahead and treat the tank with the parasite guard and the filter off for a couple days.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I wouldn't turn the filter off, that would kill your beneficial bacteria that you've got in there. Instead just take the carbon floss out.

And yes Leo could be depressed that his friend is no longer there but he'll be fine. Tears take a while to heal up as well, they don't happen overnight ^_^
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #15 
Ashashi

UPDATE: I just finished putting Raph back in the main tank. Leo flared but he didn't, but hes not as skiddish anymore. But i noticed he flashed a few times and had little spasms. I dunno what that means...
Old 06-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Flashing usually indicates internal parasites, they're trying to itch themselves. He might not have gotten them all out.

How long did you do the treatment for?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #17 
Ashashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Flashing usually indicates internal parasites, they're trying to itch themselves. He might not have gotten them all out.

How long did you do the treatment for?
A couple of days and I treated the whole tank because Leo was still acting funny even when Raph was with him again.

here are some pictures of them now:

http://ashashi-corner.tumblr.com/pri...xcs9nTr1r3z9cz

http://ashashi-corner.tumblr.com/pri...xbmGr1Y1r3z9cz

Tags
illness, parasites, quarantine