Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #11 
RiceFish

The betta hammocks are fine as long as you remove the metal wire that is inside.
RiceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #12 
FayeV

I've seen other posts on the forum where people mentioned the metal wire on those Betta Hammocks. I think they may have changed their design because whatever wire they're using now is fully enclosed in the green plasticky material of the rest of the leaf. Nothing is exposed. Do you think the wire will still be a problem?

Day 4 with Diva 2 ... he finally ate 2 pellets! He completely ignored the hammock yesterday, but I found him this morning resting on it. It sure looks like a comfy place to hang out. I think he's warming up to us, he doesn't dart off when we move close to the tank. He's got a cave to hide/rest in. Water temp is within safe range. I think he's a happy camper.
FayeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #13 
RiceFish

I removed the wire just to be safe. Remove the suction cup and pick at the green blob in the center until you expose the wire and remove it.
RiceFish is offline   Reply With Quote